narakulover42

Originally posted in September of 2013 on Quizilla

Name: Shinobu

Meaning: endurance

Life story: 

All half-demons are treated the same, constantly dealing with hatred and ridicule from both humans and demons  alike. Due to constant harassment, most half-demons grow up to be spiteful, often seeking to hide from the world, and others, to destroy it.

Your mother was a bird demon, and your father, a human. Knowing that life would be harder living among demons than it would among humans, your father offered to raise you instead of your mother. You find it hard to believe that life among demon would have been any worse, though, considering how poorly you were treated by humans. As is the norm for half-demons, you grew up to resent humans, despite your father's best efforts to shield you from all contact with them. When your father passed of an illness, you refused to evade the humans any longer. Why should you hide as a result of their cruelty? Rumors began to spread that your father had been poisoned, and that's when you had had enough of it. Most half-demons go on murderous rampages once a month, when they turn full demon, but you did so when you were still a half-demon. You murdered the entire village.

Eventually your mother passed as well, the grief of her previous child's death having taken its toll on her. Before you were born, your mother had had another child, a full demon, who had died at the hands of the Great Dog Demon. Rumor had it that the Great Dog Demon had killed her in self-defense, but since her death indirectly led to the death of your mother, you considered it an act of murder, blaming the Great Dog Demon. As he was already dead by the time your mother passed, you vowed to kill his kin instead, just as he had yours. There was no longer anything precious to you in this world; there was nothing left but a cold, numb feeling in your heart.

But then that all changed.

You'd happened upon a shard of the Jewel of Four Souls, and it wasn't long after that you were being attacked ever so often by demon seeing the shards for their power. One day you were approached by a group a strangers.

"Hand over the shard of the jewel shard or there's going to be trouble," an dog demon threatened you.

"You know I possess a shard of the Jewel of Four Souls, and yet you have the nerve to threaten me?" you scoffed.

The dog demon drew his sword, which seemed to grow in size as he unsheathed it. "With my Tessaiga I can take you down."

"Tessaiga?" you echoed. "That sounds familiar. Is that not the sword which belonged to the Great Dog Demon? How did you come to possess it?"

"He was my father," said the dog demon, somewhat curious with your obvious interest in the sword.

Your eyes widened, and you pulled out your ha-uchiwa. You unfolded your wings and rocketed upward.

"I guess it's going to be the hard way, then," he said. "Wind Scar!" he yelled, sending a large gust of wind towards you. With a flick of your wrist, you dissipated the wind, smirking in amusement at the failed attempt.

"I wasn't aware the Great Dog Demon had any children," you admitted.

"Two," the dog demon replied, readying his sword. That's when a new presence appeared, causing the dog demon's guard to falter. Rather than attack, you waited, curious to see the presence that was unnerving he dog demon.

"Inuyasha," said a voice. You turned to see a man in a baboon suit step forward.

"Naraku," the dog demon hissed.