Alex1103

Originally posted in July of 2010

*Name requested by QT

Name: Meranda*

Meaning: worthy of admiration

Life Story:

You don't know whether or not your life was like that of a normal human growing up. You can't remember anything about your past, you just remember waking up and seeing four dead bodies around you. Dead bodies that looked somewhat familiar. Next to the bodies stood a young girl in white, and with her a man with long flowing black hair. He grinned at the bodies, pleasure shown obvious in his eyes.

"Kanna, he said, "her family is good and dead now. We can get going. Let us give her time to heal before we come back."

"Yes, Naraku," said Kanna in an emotionless tone.

'My family?' you looked at the bodies sprawled out before you, a man, a woman, a young boy and girl, about the same age. 'My parents, my siblings. They are dead. That girl was too young to have done this. It must have been that man, Naraku... he did this.'

You then fell unconscious, oblivious to the fact that you were in your house, and that your hands were covered in blood.

Naraku had wiped your memory. The only thing you remembered were some fighting skills, and your name. But did Naraku really kill your family? That is what you believe, because you haven't thought of any other possibilities, the horrible, countless possibilities. For what purpose did he do it, though? Why kill your family? Were those bodies you saw even your family? Why make you forget about them? Did something happen? Did he need them dead, or does he need you, alive?

Your memory was wiped when you were fifteen years old. You wandered village to village, barley getting by, when one day, you met a female demon. She held a fan, and had feathered earrings. She held out her hand, and said, "Come with me. I can offer you great power."

You were tempted, and began to step toward her. Suddenly, an dog demon came out of nowhere, accompanied, by two other demon, a demon slayer, a monk, and an oddly dressed girl, around your age.

"Kagura," he said, "I knew I'd caught your scent. Why are you here, though? Running an errand for Naraku?"

'She works for Naraku?' you thought, taking a step back.

Kagura noticed this and sighed. "Great," she said. "Thanks to you getting her to come is going to be rather difficult," she looked towards you, "Come now, don't you want power?"

"Not this way. Naraku, he killed them."

"How can you be so sure of that? Your memory's been erased. For all you know, you could have been the one who killed them," she replied.

"No, I'd never. I couldn't, I wouldn't do that," you argued.

"Or would you?" she said with a seductive grin. "Never mind this; I was told to leave if a battle were to arouse, and that seems inevitable." She pulled off a feathered earring, and the feather grew, and you watched in both horror and awe as she floated away.

After hearing what Naraku had done to you, the group of five allowed you to join them. The demon slayer, whose name was Sango, had once or twice mentioned that her brother had been hypnotized, and that he killed her family, only to have his memory erased. You would always reply, "That is terrible, but I wouldn't do that. Not even if I were hypnotized."

You had eventually met Inuyasha's older brother, Sesshōmaru, and after seeing his skills, you waited until night fall. When Inuyasha, who pretty much never sleeps, asked you what you were up to, you simply replied with a smile, that you were going to go for a short walk. He told you to be careful, and to not get into any trouble, and you agreed. But really, you headed in Sesshōmaru's direction, and asked him to let you follow him. You needed power if you wished to defeat Naraku, and power was something he had plenty of. He didn't reply, but instead, walked away. You followed him, and he made no objections.

You've grown fond of Rin, perhaps because you once had a younger sister of your own, not that you remembered her. You snatch sacred jewel shards whenever you can, usually when Sesshōmaru leaves and makes Jaken watch Rin, is when you search for them. You needed as much power as you could get, and the Jewel of Four Souls could give you just that, not to mention a free wish.

One day, when Sesshōmaru had once again left Jaken to attend Rin, you had decided to go with him. To your utter horror, you ran into Inuyasha and his friends. They were shocked, mouths wide open; Shippō actually looked like he'd burst into tears at any moment.

"Meranda," Kagome said, in a voice so soft it was almost a whisper, "We, thought you were... dead."

"You back stabber!" yelled Inuyasha, obviously less willing than Kagome to suppress his anger.

You merely looked away, refusing to speak. Kagome mentioned to Inuyasha you had some jewel shards, and that made you rather mad. Ever since, you have not gone with Sesshōmaru when he wanders away.

Eventually your jewel shards were taken, and now you no longer wander off, considering there are no more shards to collect.

You used to have moments where you wanted to take Kohaku's shard, but you'd never had the heart to do it.

Abilities: wields a variety of weapons

What they think of you:

Inuyasha: She's a traitor, and I won't forgive her.

Kagome: I really wish she didn't leave. If she wanted power, that wasn't the way to get it. She doesn't talk to us much when we see her, especially Inuyasha. She's kind of mad at me for telling Inuyasha about her jewel shards. I've gotten her to talk, and she does seem upset that she left, and that we're mad, but I don't think she regrets it.

Sango: It's a shame she left. And although she says it's impossible, I think the same thing that happened to Kohaku, happened to her. When we see her, she seems guilty.

Miroku: It's terrible, and to think I asked her to bear my child.

Sango: You what?

Miroku: Nothing. ^_^

Shippō: I-I didn't want her to leave. She was our friend. Inuyasha seems real mad, but I know he misses her, just like the rest of us.

(Me: Holy crap, she's gone and made Shippō cry 0.0)

Kikyō: I haven't talked to her.

Kaede: We met a while back, when she was travelling with Inuyasha and the others. She also came back to the village when Kohaku was injured. Oh, the things power can drive one to do.

Myōga: She was rather shy when I first met her. I heard what happened. Little does she know, her search for power, might be her downfall.

Kōga: Yeah, I've met her. The damn girl figured out I had jewel shards in my legs, since I was so fast. She tried to steal them! *mumbles* And the bitch almost got 'em, too.

Naraku: It's been rather difficult getting her to cooperate. Heh, maybe I should make her remember her past.

Byakuya: I'm supposed to help bring her back.

Kagura: If her past is anything like Kohaku's she's most likely going to join us, if we make her remember what happened. She'll be so desperate to forget, she'll have no choice. Though I don't get why Naraku's going through all this trouble for a mere human, there must be something about her.

Kanna: I remember it all. It was a bloody sight. She's blissfully ignorant.

Hakudōshi: Once she remembers, she'll be dying to forget.

Akago (baby incarnation of Naraku): Her greed for power darkens her heart.

Mōryōmaru: I haven't met her.

Sesshōmaru: I let her stay, if she remains out of the way.

(Me: Hehe, that rhymes!)

Sesshōmaru: *puts hand on sword hilt*

(Me: *slowly backs away*)

Jaken: She used to always wander off on her own whenever Sesshōmaru-sama would go off. Though she no longer does.