3B.04

The next day, Kira, Scott, Stiles, Lydia and I were asked to give statements about what happened at the substation the night before. Of course, we couldn't tell Agent McCall the complete truth, so we tried to stick as close to the truth as possible without revealing the supernatural world to him.

"Just so I have this absolutely clear," Agent McCall started. "Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the whole town".

We all nodded.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Because he was an electrical engineer," Stiles explained. "So, where else would he take her?"

Agent McCall raised his eyebrows. "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles".

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops - he's in law enforcement," Stiles said smugly, winking at his father behind Agent McCall.

I facepalmed.

Sheriff Stilinski coughed, looking somewhat embarrassed. "Stiles, just, uh... just answer the man".

Stiles sighed, somewhat embarrassed that no one was really in the mood for his sarcasm. "We made a good guess".

Agent McCall scoffed and turned to the sheriff. "You believe this?"

Sheriff Stilinski shrugged his shoulders. "To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak... But, I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time, and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it".

He turned to Kira. "Kira, is that how you remember it?"

Kira hesitantly nodded before slightly changing the subject. "Could I get my phone back now?" Her phone was placed in evidence because Barrow had it when they found it.

"Sorry, but no. Kira, a deputy is going to take you home, but we need you to fill out some paperwork first".

After that, we were dismissed.

I was a bit worried about Kira – especially given the real reason she was kidnapped – but I knew that her mother would handle it and Scott would be there to comfort her.

I went straight home after that. I made my way to my bedroom. I walked past Isaac's bedroom to see him looking at his back in the mirror. He looked ridiculous.

"What are you doing?" I asked, stifling a giggle.

He turned to me in what could be interpreted as relief. "Can you do me a favour and see if you can see anything?"

Deciding to humour him, I walked up to him and took a look at the back of his head. My eyes darkened when I saw the reversed "5" on the back of his neck. "What happened?"

He turned around to face me with a terrified expression. "I was at Allison's helping her with her research when these... shadows came out of nowhere and then I blacked out. When I woke up, this was on the back of my neck". He softly touched the symbol. "When I told Argent, he sort of freaked and told us not to tell anyone before leaving".

Chris clearly knew what Isaac was talking about. The question was: how?

And clearly, Noshiko had figured out that Nogitsune was someone close to me.

"You recognised it as well, didn't you?" He obviously noted my expression.

I gave him a half-smile. "They won't bother you again, that symbol is proof of that".