3A.02

The car had barely come to a complete stop when Rebekah rushed out of the car, dialling Elijah's number. "Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door".

She opened the front door, completely ignoring my presence. "Yeah, that's fine. I'll just bring all this stuff in myself," I muttered, sarcastically, opening the boot and dragging all the luggage out.

She rolled her eyes at me before walking inside the house.

"You know, I may have super-strength and magic, but some help is very much appreciated," I called after her as I dragged all the luggage inside.

There, we came face-to-face with a woman with long, brown hair holding an iron poker.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked.

"Oh, you must be the maid," Rebekah exclaimed.

The woman smiled and put down the poker. "Hello, not the maid".

Meanwhile, I was sensing something supernatural from her. "Werewolf," I breathed as I realized what she was.

They both turned to me before Rebekah turned back to her. "Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?"

"You have your brother's manners," Hayley speculated.

"And his temper too, so watch it". I winced. Rebekah was not someone you wanted to get angry. She looked around. "Now where's Elijah?"

Hayley shrugged her shoulders. "Beats me. He's long gone".

Rebekah opened her mouth but I cut her off by raising my finger. "What do you mean?"

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into – he was all poetic about how we're family – and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire."

I gave Rebekah a confused look. "That's not like him".

"Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like". She walked away and started yelling at the air. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Just then, a pair of doors opened and Niklaus walked through with his signature smirk. "Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?"

Flashback

Before heading to the mansion, we stopped at a bar for information about Marcel. We had very knowingly walked into a den of vampires, who turned hostile upon seeing us.

Rebekah smirked at me. "Well little sister, what do you say we make a wager? For old times' sake? Who can get the most points?"

I smirked back, catching on to what she was insinuating. "I like the way you think. If I win, you... give Nik the benefit of the doubt".

She looked taken aback. "(Y/N)-"

I cut her off, rolling me eyes. "I'm not saying forgive him completely. I know as well as you that Nik is irredeemable. I'm just saying play nice until we've completed our business in this town".

She groaned. "Fine. But if I win, you have to introduce me to this boyfriend of yours".

"He's not my boyfriend," I countered, moving to rip out the first heart.