3A.05 Part 1

The next morning, I received a call from Stiles. I couldn't help the smile that crept onto my face. Ignoring my siblings' teasing looks, I walked upstairs.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked once I was in my room. I got an alert for FaceTime, which I accepted.

I felt so calm seeing his face again after so long. I couldn't help the blush that crept onto my face as we locked eyes through the screen.

He shook his head. "Nothing, I just wanted to check on you".

I gave a suspicious look. "You're not withholding information again, are you?"

He laughed. "Not this time". It was so refreshing hearing him laugh, given recent events. He started to look worried. "Are you okay? You seemed stressed".

I gave him a forced smile. "I'm fine, just tired," I lied, not wanting to worry him.

He let out a sigh. "Never withhold information from me. Despite me being all the way in Beacon Hills, I still want to help you. I care about you and I don't want to see you get hurt".

I shook my head exasperatedly as I remembered when I had said very similar words to him earlier. Deciding to finally take him up on his offer, I summarised everything that had happened since arriving at New Orleans.

I had just finished telling my story when I felt a presence next to me and Stiles looked terrified. I turned my head to see my nosy sister leaning over my shoulder, staring at my phone.

I pushed her away slightly.

"He's cute," she muttered, reclaiming her spot over my shoulder.

I playfully hit her on the shoulder, my cheeks going redder by the second. I turned back to my phone, Stiles' face as red as mine. "Forget you heard that".

Suddenly, there was a loud bang coming from downstairs and Rebekah and I whipped our heads towards the door.

"What was that?" Stiles asked, concerned.

Rebekah and I turned to each other with worried looks. "We should-"

I turned back to my phone. "Stiles, I have to go. I need to prevent my brother from killing a witch". I hung up before he could ask questions. Then the two of us rushed out the door.

"We had a deal!" we heard as we walked through the hallway. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches".

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear". Sophie tried to defend herself.

"Then who were they?" Rebekah asked as we walked down the stairs.

"They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby".

"What vision?" I asked, suspiciously, as I sat down in front of her.

She turned to me. "She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one".

"How, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus asked.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches".

"How lovely," I muttered, sarcastically.

"Sophie, look. I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty," Rebekah explained.

Sophie looked shocked. "Elijah's talking to Davina?"

Rebekah nodded. "Yeah. As we speak, I imagine".