3A.06

The next day, Klaus attempted to make peace with Elijah for daggering him in the form of a "meal". This "meal" was now lying on the dining table, dead. Nik, Elijah and I were sitting around the table with a book in hand, the poor girl having forgotten about.

Nik and I had exchanged our deal late last night. He had given the grimoire straight to Elijah, which he was currently reading. Nik was reading some boring old book and I was going through the bestiary, looking for any information on the Darach and taking pictures of pages with information to send to the group chat with my friends in Beacon Hills.

Eventually, Rebekah waltzed in. "So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?"

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right?" Nik replied without taking his eyes off his book.

Elijah and I nodded our agreement.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I paused when I saw the Caller ID.

Rebekah noted my confusion. "What is it?" She walked around to peek over my shoulder. Her confused expression mirrored mine. "What the bloody hell?"

Klaus looked concerned. "What".

I slowly looked up from my phone. "It's Marcel".

He looked angry. I couldn't blame him. The two of them have an argument and the next day, he calls his sister. "Now, why would he be calling you?"

"That's what I'm going to find out," I replied before getting up and walking out of the room so I could answer the call. "Marcellus, what a... surprise!" I would've said "pleasant," but I wasn't sure it was.

"Can you meet me? I need to show you something". He sounded out of breath, like he'd been pacing.

I started to get worried. "Is everything alright?"

"I think it's better if I explain in person".

I nodded. "Where do you want me to meet you?"

"At the church".

I nodded then quickly hung up.

I walked back into the room where my siblings were patiently waiting. Upon seeing me, they quickly made themselves busy. It was clear they had been eavesdropping. I wasn't angry. After all, I made sure they did.

I raised an eyebrow. "Did you wankers catch that?"

Elijah was the one to speak. "Insult aside, what do you think he wishes to speak to you about?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'll keep in touch".

I turned to walk away but was stopped by Elijah. "(Y/N) wait, I believe I found a spell for you to teach Divina". He handed me the open grimoire.

I looked down at the page he was indicating. "A simple unlinking spell. I remember learning this spell," I muttered. I looked up at him. "I'll pick up some rope on my way". Then I left.

I found Marcel pacing in front of the church. Before I could say "hello," he grabbed me and pulled me aside. "Before we go in, I need you to promise that you won't tell anyone about this, especially Klaus".

I was very confused. "Marcel, what-"

He cut me off and stared at me with pleading eyes. "Please, (Y/N)! Klaus can't know about this".

I found myself unable to argue, so I just nodded.

He let out a sigh of relief and led me into the church.

He led me to the attic. I looked around, pretending I hadn't been here just yesterday. He opened the door to see Divina lying in bed.

"This is the witch you were talking about," I noted, feigning ignorance.