3A.07

I arrived at the big Salvatore Boarding House after 14 hours of driving, stopping in Atlanta for some rest.

I heard three voices, two of which I recognised as Stefan and Damon Salvatore. I knocked on the door and waited.

I heard footsteps and then the door opened to reveal Damon with his signature smirk.

I matched his smirk with my own. "Damon Salvatore. It's been a long time". I waltzed in the house.

"Not long enough," Damon muttered under his breath as he closed the door behind me.

I spun around to face him. "I heard that!"

"I know," he replied, leaning closer as he walked past me.

I rolled my eyes, not bothering to reply. I looked around, taking in my surroundings. "This place hasn't changed since 1953".

He gave me a look as if he were about to say, "You were here in 1953?" but I cut him off.

"Do you have it ready?"

He held up a finger and walked away. A moment later, he returned with a box.

I went to grab it but he pulled it away from me. "First, tell me why you need it".

I placed a finger on my chin in a faux thinking pose. "I could be wrong – I mean, it has been a while since we last saw each other – but I believe that it's none of your business".

In response, he only stepped away from me.

I was getting frustrated. "I'm in no mood for your games, Damon".

"My game will end when you tell me the truth".

I almost laughed. Honesty talk, from him? After he left me stranded in 1953?

Before I could voice my thoughts, I heard a voice. "Isn't it obvious? Because she also has people she wants to protect". Then Stefan Salvatore walked into the room.

A big smile appeared on my face. "Stefan". I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

Damon let out a laugh. "Really? Her? (Y/N) Mikaelson found someone?" I grabbed a pen and threw it at him, which he just sped to the other side of me. "Now, is that any way to treat someone who's trying to do you a favour?"

"If it's any constellation, I called Stefan for this. You picked up instead". Damon put on a fake hurt look.

Stefan stepped towards me. "Yeah, sorry. I was a little... 'tied-up'".

We were interrupted by another voice. "Damon? What's going on?" A woman with chestnut brown hair and eyes to match walked in. She turned to me. "Who are you?"

My gaze slid to her. The spitting image of Katerina Petrova. "The doppelgänger, I assume?" The playful air around me evaporated and was replaced by fury. The Salvatores held their breaths, wondering what I would do next. It was probably because they knew.

I sauntered towards her, a sinister smirk on my face. When I was right in front of her, I extended my hand out. "We haven't officially met. (Y/N) Mikaelson, Damon's ex".

Her eyes widened. "'Mikaelson?' As in..."

I nodded. "That's right, Klaus' sister".

I circled her and looked her up and down. "She really is just like Katerina Petrova".

She remained still. "I'm nothing like Katherine," she answered with a shaky voice.

I scoffed. "No? Manipulating people to suit yourself? Getting people to lower their guards just so you can stab them in the heart? Sounds exactly like something Katerina would do". I glanced at Stefan and Damon, frozen in place. "I bet you enjoy having those two idiots throw themselves at you, and throw themselves in the line of fire just to save your worthless hide".