3B.01 Part 2

The next day at school, I was at my locker putting books away when I felt arms snake around my waist. I turned around with a big smile to see my amazing boyfriend, his arms still wrapped around my waist.

I planted my lips on his.

"How are you feeling?" he asked with concern.

I smiled. "I'm feeling much better. It turns out all I needed was a good night's sleep".

"Are you going to try again?"

I looked away guiltily. "I may be feeling better but that doesn't mean I have all my energy back. That spell took a lot out of me so it's going to take a while to recover". I hated lying to him, but I didn't want to frighten him or the others, not until I knew for sure whether or not this thing was an actual threat.

He nodded with a smile. "Take your time. But I don't want you doing the spell if it's too much for you".

I placed my hand on his cheek and gently ran my thumb over the bags under his eyes. "I appreciate the concern, but I hate seeing you like this. I want to do my part to help you".

He grabbed my hands. "You being safe and healthy is more than enough for me".

I kissed him again before grabbing his hand and dragging him towards the cafeteria where our friends were waiting.

When we got there, everyone immediately stopped talking and stared at me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Scott asked. I felt like I was replaying the conversation I'd just had with Stiles, so that's what I did.

I sat down and told everyone what I had just told Stiles moments earlier.

After lunch, we had Economics. I sat behind Stiles.

Halfway through the lesson, Coach Finstock asked Stiles a question but got no reply. I looked over at him and saw his head on the desk. His eyes were open – he was even writing in his book – but his eyes looked completely dazed. I knew something was wrong.

I subtly reached over to touch him so I could see what was going on.

As soon as I touched him, it was like I was transported somewhere else.

We were still in the classroom. Stiles was standing in front of Coach Finstock. Coach Finstock and the rest of the class were staring him performing some kind of sign language.

I knew I couldn't stick around for long because of what happened last time.

I walked straight up to Stiles and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Stiles, wake up".

Both of us bolted upright. We were back in the real world.

Coach Finstock was standing over both of us. "I asked you two a question!"

I looked away.

"Uh... Sorry, Coach," Stiles said, embarrassed. "What was it?"

"It was, 'are you paying attention back there?'"

"Well, I am now..."

I gave Coach Finstock an awkward smile.

Scott looked at me. I looked away again, trying to avoid the attention. He then turned to Stiles with a concerned look.

Stiles gave an attempt at a reassuring nod. "I'm ok. I just fell asleep". He turned to me. "Thanks, (Y/N)".

Scott raised his eyebrows. "You weren't asleep". He glanced at Stiles' book.

I peeked over his shoulder and saw the words "WAKE UP" written all over his book. Scott and I exchanged alarmed looks.

After class, we all sat outside and talked, trying to figure out what to do.