3A.03

Rebekah, Niklaus and I were talking. Apparently, while I was busy getting mind-wiped by a psychotic witch, two of Marcel's vampires attacked Hayley after she had bought wolfsbane trying to kill the baby. One can imagine what became of them.

I pouted upon hearing the news that Nik had dealt with the bodies on his own. "I can't believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!"

Niklaus smirked at me. "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child".

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven".

As if on cue, Hayley stepped into the room. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is".

Niklaus turned to her with an amused smirk. "Well, that depends on what plan you mean, love: my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

I stifled a giggle.

Rebekah glared at me. "Oh, shut it". She then took a pencil from the desk beside her and threw it in Klaus' direction who caught it before it could embed itself in his face.

"Why don't you ever treat our sister with such cruelty as you treat me?" Nik asked, gesturing to me.

I looked at them with feigned innocence. "Because I'm an angel :)".

Rebekah took a letter opener from the desk and threw it at me, which I caught by the blade before it could so much as graze my skin.

I watched the cut on my hand heal before turning to Rebekah with a glare. "That's not fair. Why does he get a pencil and I get a deadly weapon?"

"Guys!" Hayley yelled, gaining our attention. "The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

"In the front, if we're being specific," Niklaus pointed out with a smirk. As though he had no remorse for what he did to our brother.

I gave him a pointed look. "Don't be an ass".

Niklaus rolled his eyes at me before answering Hayley properly. "Firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy, he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend, nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly..." He turned to me and gestured for me to speak.

I leaned back as I addressed her. "And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back".

Hayley looked at us incredulously. "That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?"

Rebekah scoffed. "Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical".

"And that's only the Plan A, love. There's always a Plan B," Niklaus explained.

"And what's Plan B?" Hayley asked.

Nik and I smiled. "War". I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't enjoy 'Plan B'.

While Niklaus was dealing with Marcel, Rebekah and I went into town.

When too much time had passed without a word, she decided to just call him. "Niklaus, for the love of Mary Magdalene, how long does it take to ask a simple question?!"