Chapter 37 - Proud

Wednesday's POV

———————————
I'm nearly half way through my pregnancy.
These past few months have been awful, not a good kind of awful. They've been packed with morning sickness and tiredness. I've been unable to write my novel most days.

The pregnancy has made me more soft, I always have the need to hug someone or be close to someone. The feeling disgusts me.

I'm laying in our bed not wanting to get up. My stomach starting to grow more making it hard to cover up my pregnancy.
Xavier comes in the room covered in paint, he smiles at me and goes to have a shower.
He comes out the bathroom and lays next to me.
"Are you feeling any better?" He asks referring to me vomiting earlier in the morning.
"I have never felt more disgusted." I state.

He laughs wrapping his arm around me. The touch makes me more comfortable as I lay my head on his shoulder.
"Your turning soft." He laughs.
"You try carrying around a human." I retort.
"Fair point." He says standing up.

Confused on why he is leaving I grab his wrist.
"Where are you going?" I ask.
"To get dinner ready..?" He said questioning my arm.
"Stay." I said tugging his arm.
Xavier laughed laying back down wrapping his arms around me.
I melted at the touch and became more comfortable, so much that I drifted off to sleep at 6pm.

I woke up the next day to see the bed empty. My stomach grumbled telling me I wasn't the only one that was hungry. Slowly I got up moving down to the kitchen. I was greeted by a loud cheer from Xavier as he hugged Ajax.
"What's going on?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

I saw Enid and Ajax smiling widely as Xavier come up to me helping me sit on the barstool.
Enid and Ajax looked at each other before Enid came towards me.
Half expecting her to surprise me with a hug I widened my eyes to defend myself.

"I have a surprise for you." She said hiding something from behind her back.
"If that's a knife put it on the counter." I stated.
"No. Though you might know what it is." She said putting the item in my hands.

It was a pregnancy test.

"Is this mine or something." I asked confused.
"No.. it's mine. Our children are going to be best friends!" Enid smiled at me.
I smiled happy that Enid gets the family she always wanted and that before my child was even born they had a friend.
She wrapped her arms around me which I returned.
"That's great Enid." I whispered in her ear.

"This is so cool." Xavier said wrapping his arm around Ajax.

We spent that afternoon listening to Enid plan our lives as families. She even had the bold idea that they could even fall in love and get married.
"I highly doubt that Enid." I reply.
"You never know. Love has mysterious ways of showing up." Enid smiled laughing back.

I feel Xavier grab my hand under the table. I look at him to see him pretending not to notice, though I catch a hint of a smirk.
He rubs circles on my hands with his thumb throughout the night as we sit with our friends eating dinner.

Time skip! Wednesday is 6 months pregnant.

I am in tremendous amount of pain. The feeling makes me smile. Knowing that this baby will come out strong and independent.
I incorporated that Viper and Robert who got back together and married, found a child on a case into my novel. This child had no parents so they adopted him. Watching him grow from a child into a teenager.

One day I was sitting downstairs watching TV. I had run into the temptation of watching shows that have no meaning or importance. Xavier came in upset going into his paint room immediately.

I got up following him as I heard him mutter words under his breath.
"What's wrong?" I say as I see him pacing the room running his hands through his hair.
"It's nothing, go back downstairs." He said waving me away.
"No. It's obviously not nothing. I'm going to follow me until your willing to express to me what's wrong." I say standing my ground.

His eyes softened as he meets my face.
"It's my father." He replies.
I realise why he is upset. Xavier cut contact with his father before we got married. They had a big argument about how Vincent was never there for him. It ended up with Xavier telling him to never speak to him again since apparently he is such a disappointment.

"Oh." I reply moving towards him. I hug him resting my hands around his neck.
He sighs leaning into the crook of my neck. I hear him slightly sob. My black heart breaks as I run my fingers through his hair.
"It's ok." I say trying to sooth him.

After a while he calms down. We are sitting on the couch now as Xavier is telling me what happened.
"I ran into him at the store." He said.
"He told me he had a vision of you being pregnant, of us having a life together. I confirmed it, and he asked why he didn't know and how disrespectful it is that I treat your parents better then him." He says looking away not wanting to meet my eyes.

I grab his face with my hand, caressing his cheek with my thumb.
"You don't have to let him get the best of you." I say.
"It's hard Nes." He says as his voice breaks.
I pull him into me as he hugs my waist with his head on my chest avoiding the bump.

The next day we woke up on the couch. Falling asleep last night.
Xavier seemed much better, he said he just need comfort.
"I love you so much." He says kissing me good morning.
"I love you too." I reply kissing him back.

Skip to after birth.

We arrive home with a new family member. The grey nursery I prepared months before waiting for the baby to arrive.
We had a boy,
naming him Victor Blake Thorpe, deciding it was best for him to take Xavier's last name.

As soon as we arrived home we were greeted with a very pregnant Enid and a happy Ajax. As well as my family. They crowded the baby cooing at him.
As Mother held him her necklace started floating as Vincent stretched his arms.
Everyone looked shocked to see he had some form of telekinesis making Mother's necklace float.

Me and Xavier just smiled at each other proudly knowing that he was going to be an Outcast.

——————-
They had their baby!!

Last chapter next :(

I'm so thankful for the support I've been given. Thank you again, I love you all 🥰

Katrina