Chapter 17 - The Night

Wednesday's POV

————————————
Me and Xavier arrive at Jericho.
"Hey, you hungry?" Xavier asked getting off the bus.
"I could eat." I replied follow after him.
We arrived at the food truck that was there for movie night.
"Hey kids what do ya want?" A man asked.
"We'll get some churros please." Xavier said, I wasn't really paying attention, I was looking around trying to find Enid and Ajax. Xavier payed the man and then after he got out churros we started walking again.
"What are churros?" I asked Xavier.
"Are you kidding me Nes, first marvel now this! Churros are the best." He laughed handing me one.
I took a bite, it was really good.
"See isn't that amazing! Oh hey there's Enid and Ajax." He said and started walking over to them at there spot under the screen.
I walked over to them and Enid saw me.
"Wednesday! You came, here come sit next to me." Enid moved over. I sat next to her and continued eating my churro.

"Wow, that's such a pretty necklace, how come I've never seen it on you?" Enid asked when she saw me fiddling with my necklace. I heard Xavier giggle.
"Yeah that is cool." Ajax agreed.
"Thanks. Xavier got it for me." That made Enid go crazy grabbing my shoulders rocking me back and forth.
"That is so cute!" Enid giggled.
"Nice, Xavier's got charm." Ajax laughed.
The movie started, apparently it's called 'Heathers', it was about a young girl falling for a murder. Sometimes I feel like Jericho makes fun of my mistakes.

In the middle of the movie I wanted to go get some popcorn, so I told Enid and walked over to the food truck.
"One popcorn." I told the man.
"Ok, nice night isn't it." He told me. "It's sad there was a murder in the hospital this morning." He said.
"What?" I asked, I didn't know someone was murdered.
"Yeah, the sheriff, that monster's father. Quite sad, he was a great man. The news is being released tomorrow throughout the town." He said handing me my popcorn.
"Ok, thank you, for the popcorn." I replied awkwardly walking away.
I sat down next to Xavier, the sheriff was an acquaintance of mine. I almost feel bad about him dying.
"Hey what was that about." Xavier asked looking at me.
"Just getting popcorn, he just asked about nevermore." I told him. I know I shouldn't lie, but I didn't want to ruin this night. I'll tell Xavier later, like I said, I don't need a man saving me.

Xavier laid his head on my stomach. Grabbing my popcorn. Rude.
I found my hands playing with his hair, it was surprisingly soft. It was one of the only times me, Xavier, Ajax and Enid actually did a normal teenage thing.

We all walked back to the bus, it was pretty crowded since half of the nevermore students came, so I put in my headphones and found this singer, billie eilish.
I pressed play and I liked the songs even though I do listen to classical mostly.
I get someone tap my shoulder, it was Enid. "What are ya listening too?" She asked.
"Billie eilish." I replied looking at her.
"Omg, she's so great isn't she... can I listen?" So I handed her one of my headphones and went back to looking out the window. Who murdered the sheriff?

It was about 8:30 when we arrived back at nevermore. I was tired, my mind had been going crazy all day about this case and the sheriff's murder was making me feel almost sick. Like I was in mourning. Why did I mourn for a man that only helped me with a case? I don't know.

I ignored everyone getting out of the bus and just rushed upstairs to my room. I got ready for bed, apparently everyone was having a party in Bianca's room. The loud music was making it difficult to sleep. So I went outside with my cello. It had been a while since I played it but as soon as I started playing I couldn't stop. Feeling every note with my emotion speeding up the music, it's almost like the entire world froze. Everything went quiet and the only thing heard was my cello. As I was playing I opened my eyes, a saw a figure running into the woods. Dylan.
I slid down the pole on my balcony and chased after him.

I made it into the woods, running to any direction that made a sound.
It sent me to that spot, the spot me and Xavier went. It was beautiful, you could see people partying at the school and the full moon.
"Hello Wednesday." Dylan's voice said from behind me.
I turned around, so he thinks he can hurt me?
"Hello, Dylan. Let me guess, you have something to do with the murder of the Sheriff."
He started laughing.

"Right on the money there Wednesday. I can tell you want an explanation, when I came to nevermore, I expected a warm welcome. Earlier last year I was intrigued by you and your.. achievements. So I got Yoko to send me photos of you in exchange for some money, so I could see your every move, be your closest shadow, we could have been friends, a beautiful romance even. But when your 'boyfriend' told me to 'fuck off' I realised that wasn't going to happen."
He said bitter, I could see him pull out a knife.
"Now, any last words you want me to tell your boyfriend?" He asked sarcastically raising the knife.

"No thanks, I'll tell him myself." I replied ready to fight.

—————
CLIFFHANGER 🫢🫢

What's going to happen? Who knows!?!?

7 days till christmas!!! What's on your wish list?

Katrina