Chapter 10 - Beautiful

Wednesday's POV

————————————

Enid made me get ready. She insisted that I change it up. So for the 2 hours before midnight when me and Xavier were supposed to meet, Enid spent her time picking out my outfit and styling my hair.

She decided on letting my wavy hair flow out with a little section of hair braided around like a crown. She then gave me a black singlet, with a mesh long sleeve top over it and a black cargo skirt.

"No, I'm not wearing this." I spoke when seeing the outfit. "You've controlled my hair, but this, No."

"Come on Wednesday! It's Y2K it's very you, no colour." She begged.

"Fine." I knew she wouldn't let me leave wearing anything else.

By the time I left it was 11:50, it was a 10 minute walk to the art shed so I was on time.
When I got to the art shed I saw the light was already on. I prepared myself letting out a sigh, I knocked on the door.

Walking in I was greeted with Xavier, wearing something very similar at to the night at the fair. He met my eyes and they widened, he seemed very shock for the different image of me.
"Woah, you look"

"Terrible." I replied raising my eyebrows.

"No no, you look like really good, your beautiful." He spoke. I don't know how to reply to that, I was blushing. I was blushing? I've never blushed, what is Xavier doing to me.

"Thank you, now come on ask me the question." I hurried him.

"Ha not yet, I was going to take you for a walk." He replied to me.

We left his art shed and walked through the woods, ending at this secluded spot on a hill facing the lake, it had a beautiful view of the water and the school. I could see my room's window and the courtyard, it was amazing.

"How did you find this spot." I asked.

"I was running one day, after the dance. I couldn't forget about you so I went running out of my path on accident and ended up here." He replied looking at me.

We just stared into each other's eyes comfortably, but I wanted to know what he was going to ask me.
"The question?." I asked smirking at him.

"Oh, well look." He sat down on the hill and I sat down next to him. "I know when we started this thing, you didn't want to rush into things but I thought that we had connected really well these few weeks and."

Then it hit me. He's asking me to be his girlfriend. It was like my mouth acted before my head and while he was talking about us and trying to circle back to THAT question I said something stupid.

"Yes." I interrupt him.

"Yes what." He seemed confused, I did just stop his confession.

"I'll....be your girlfriend." I expected him to say that wasn't the question but he smiled at me. Using this time of vulnerability he grabbed my waist and rolled around the hill, peppering kisses all over my face.

We were laughing, I never laugh, it's like Xavier is unlocking all these happy things about me that only he could see.

We spent the night talking more, holding hands and kissing. By the time we walked back hand in hand it was 3:00 am. We bid our goodbyes in front of my dorm with a goodnight kiss and I watched him walk away. Even though I had no expression on my face my heart was fluttering.

I walked into my dorm seeing Enid asleep. I walked over to my phone to see I had a message. It was from the stalker. Quickly opening it I saw a photo of me and Xavier walking back into school.
So their a student?

This mystery isn't just about romance, but crime as well.

But this couldn't ruin my night. This was a problem for another day. So I changed into my pajamas leaving my hair. I will put it in braids tomorrow.

I fell asleep quickly, knowing whatever is going to happen, I would figure out.

———————
I'm done with exams!
Thank god like jeez I could not hold anymore
information.

Xavier and Wednesday going strong 💪🏼!!!

Love ya 💕

Katrina