Chapter 19 - It's over

Wednesday's POV

———————————
You would have expected me to feel happy since I killed Tyler. But I don't.
I've been distant from everyone except Enid these past weeks.
Maybe Tyler was right, maybe everyone I do love dies.
And for that reason I can't hurt Xavier, he deserves someone better.
So here I am packing for Christmas break, the semester has ended and I had my 'happy' ending. But I don't like happy endings, I've changed over this semester because of Xavier, whether it's for good or not I don't like change.

I have to break up with Xavier, for him and his safety and for my sanity. My stomach swells every time I'm near him and my heart melts when he touches me. That can't be a normal feeling.

Tyler told me I was unloveable, Xavier was going to use me in the future, I may as-well end it now before that happens, so I could enjoy these past months as 'good memories'.

I walk downstairs into the school foyer. Saying goodbye to Enid and Ajax.
"I'll be sending you your Christmas present, you better send me mine!" She says smiling at me.
"Goodbye Enid, see you next Semester." I replied looking at her.
"Bye Ajax." I said looking at him.
"Bye Wednesday." He replied looking at me sadly, almost if he knew I was about to break up with Xavier.

I walk trying to find Xavier, only looking up and seeing him at the exact same spot as before. Looking at me upstairs.
I walk upstairs to see Xavier smiling at me.
"Hey Nes, I was wondering if you want to come over this holidays you know. So we can hangout."
Part of me wanted to not end things, to go to his house for Christmas and spend time with him. But what if he gets hurt? I can't keep doing this to him. I have to end it.

"About that. Look." I started looking into his eyes.
He's face softened knowing something serious was about to happen.
"These past months have been 'great' but, we have to end it. I'm to dangerous for you, I get into investigation and attempt to murder people. We are complete opposites and maybe that worked these past few months but it won't work in the future." That speech was a lie, of course it would work. Opposites attract, but this wasn't about the future this was about Xavier's safety.

"You can't be serious right now, we spent all these months together, you told me you love me." He replied, his face looked like he had just witnessed a murder and his tone was filled with hurt.

"Well, all good things must come to an end." I spoke meeting his eyes.
"I can't keep doing this Wednesday, you only use me when I'm needed for you. I love you! Can't you see, there doesn't have to be danger and suspense in a relationship. There can just be people." His voice was breaking.
"Well I'm not people." I replied. I had tears swelling up in my eyes, so I walked away but his hand grabbed my wrist.

"Why.." He had tears streaming down his face. I shook his arm away. I walked fast out of the school avoiding anyone else. I got into the car, and tears started streaming down my face too. I know I shouldn't of grabbed my phone out. But I scrolled through al the messages Xavier and I shared. It made me question...

Is this really the right thing?

Yes it is. If we continued dating, he could end up being killed. So I would rather love him from a distance, knowing he is safe.

I wanted him to know I was sorry, that I didn't mean it. That it was cruel joke or I just got sensitive but I couldn't. So I sent him a two word message.

"I'm sorry."

By the time I got home 2 hours later he had just opened it. For some reason I expected a rude response, a call even. But I was hit with nothing and for some reason that stung more.

"Darling hello. Me and your father were just thinking of renting this beautiful mountain cabin for you, Xavier and your friends for Christmas!" My mother said as soon as I walked inside.
"Yes my little dark cloud, so you don't forget each other." Father smiled at me.

"Me and Xavier are no longer together. He was just holding me back." I replied walking up the stairs to go to my room.
Though I heard a bit of my parents conversations.

"That poor girl, not knowing love makes you stronger." Mother spoke.
"Time will tell cara mia, we all come to our senses eventually." Father replied.

I made it into my room, distracting myself by unpacking.
But something caught my eye in the corner. The painting. I looked at it and put my hand on the canvas.
I dropped to the floor, a vision, I hadn't had one all year. I thought my powers went away.

It was of Xavier. He seemed to be painting, tears streamed down his face and he looked like he was in rage. Throwing paint at the canvas. He then picked the api ring up and threw it on the floor, destroying it.

The vision ended and I sat up, I started sobbing. I couldn't catch my breath. I had never cried this much. It was like my heart was in pain, and I wasn't even sure I had a heart. I crawled into a ball on my floor. For some reason I wanted Xavier to come comfort me. Why does this always happen?

I thought the war was supposed to be over.

I realised, that the only war I have now is the one with my heart.

—————-

CURRENTLY VIOLENTLY SOBBING THROWING UP.

Sorry its so sadddd but come on. It's a fan fic.

What's going to happen?
GUESS LOL.

Katrina