Prolouge+Chapter 1

~Prolouge~

"Sweetheart, Im sorry, I want to come home but-"

"No," I said, drying my tears," I understand. I gotta go."

"Ok. Aliie, I love you. So much."

"I love you too, Ill call you tomorrow." I hung up the phone and brought my knees to my chest. The rain outside didnt help my mood any as I tried to stop crying. I hiccuped. Damnit, I always hiccup when I get to upset.

"Mummy?"

I jumped, I looked to the door way to see my 8-year-old daughter, Annabella, standing there.

"What is it, Bella?" I asked.

"Mummy, why are you crying?" My second eldest, Elena, asked, coming out from behind Annabella.

"Mommy just misses Daddy. Thats all."

I gave a gasp when I felt the small hand of my toddler, Stefan, on my knee. He hasnt started talking yet, but the look on his face told me that he didnt want me to be sad.

I ran my fingers through his thick, blonde hair. He looks so much like his father...

"Mummy. can you tell us a story?" Elena asked.

"Oh, no, hunny, its late, you shouldnt be out of bed." I said.

"Please?" Annabella asked.

I shighed, "OKay, then straight to bed."

"Yay!" They exclaimed as they climbed onto my bed with me. Stefan tried to climb up on his own, but ended up face planting the deuve cover.

"Come here, handsome." I said as I lifted him up and set him down next to his sisters. "What do you want to hear?" I asked.

"Tell us how you met daddy."

"Pick something else, I-" I said.

"Please, Mummy," Elena said, "Youve never told us."

"Fine."

~Chapter One~

"Goddamn it, Allie, get back to work!"

"Yessir." I said as I tighted the laces on my too big roller skates. I hate 50s Friday.

I got up to check if they were tight enough, then rolled my way behind the counter to retrieve my orderpad and tray. Ive only worked at this stupid diner a week and I could eaisly say I have the most tables.

I rolled over to three tables and took orders, I have a good feeling that today is going to suck.

~

So far, todays events have not failed to disappoint on the suck-o-meter. First some kids got into a food fight and I had to clean it up. Then a wheel on my skates came loose and I had to fix it by screwing in the nail back in with a knife. And now Im working two hours overtime.

I rested my elbows on the counter and rubbed my eyes, Why cant it be 12 yet?

About 10 minutes laster the bell chimed, indicating that I had to get back to work. I gave them a minute to look over the menu and glided over, "What can I get you?" I asked, sounding dead.

I closed my eyes, exausted, and listened for their orders.

"Tea," Two of them said at the same time, "But lemon in mine," One of them added. I wrote it down and nodded.

"Ill have tea aswell and a small slice of carrot cake." A softer voice said.

"Then I will have tacos and coffee. Black." I scribbled that down ("I dont think thats a good combination, mate." "Do I look like I give a damn what you think?")