Chapter 13

"Allison! Let me in now!" That was the first time Niall used my whole first name as he pounded on the bathroom door.

"Just go, Niall. Please. I just need to be alone." I sobbed as I sat on the tile floor, taking off my red stellitoes.

"Im not leaving you here crying youre eyes out on the bathroom floor. Let me in and we can talk about this." He pleaded.

"I cant." I said.

"Why-" Niall started.

"BECAUSE I HAVENT EVEN STARTED TO PROCESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED, DAMN IT!"

I regretted yelling at him the moment I stopped. It was sclient on the other side of the door. "Niall, Im sorry. Go with the guys and when you get back well talk. I just need to be by myself. Ok?"

The only answer I got was the front door slamming shut. I let my breath out in a hiccup, Great, now Nialls mad at me too..

I stood up and opened the door. I knew I was alone in the apartment as I crawled onto the neatly made bed and rested my head on the pillow and closed my eyes, reliving the last 30 minutes in my mind.

~

"Were going to make sure that the car is ready to go." Liam said as he and the rest of the boys went out to the parking garage. Leaving Annabella and I alone for the first time in what felt like forever.

She sat awkwardly on the couch, not used ti my long silver dress that she had asked shyly to borrow for tonights cd release. I sat next to her, wearing a simple short black dress that I know shed rather be wearing, "You know," I said, "I think Louis was being dramatic when he said you look pasty in that dress. I think it looks ok." Annabella nodded abd looked at her hands.

"God, just say something."

I half expected her to say 'if youre feelin the vibe', but I was suprised, "What do you want me to say?"

"That you want to forgive me like I forgave you so we can move on." I said.

Annabella laughed without any humor, "You dont get it, do you?"

"Get what?" I asked.

"I dont like ignoring you, but Im trying to show you that you cant always get what you want. So Im done."

"What does that mean? You dont want to be my sister anymore?"

"Of course I want to be your sister. But Im done trying, when I do it just blows up in my face." She said, sounding alittle sad. I had a feeling that this wasnt entirely about our fight.

"What do you mean by that?"

Annabella stood and walked over to my senior year dance team photo with my mini 1st place trophy next to it and starred at it,"You never had to try. Everything always came so easy to you."

I scoffed,"Are you crazy? I worked my ass off to win and to keep my grades up."

"Please, you never did any work. You just copied off of everyone just to get by. You didnt earn anything." She said sourly.

Why does she keep saying that? My temper started to boil, "I did what I had to do to be the best so I could get out. You know that."

"I know that you keep shooting to high, you dont take things one step at a time." Annabella remained with her back to me.

"Well at least I have ambition, at least I have a dream, and at least I dont still mooch off of mom and dad."

I went way to far that time and Annabella let me know by throwing my trophy, full force at my face. I ducked and the trophy sailed into the wall, smashing into pieces. From where I knelt on the ground in shock I could see for a second her face go from angry, to schocked, to cold. Then I snapped.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! You couldve hurt me!"

"Maybe thats why I threw it at you....?"

This isnt my Annabella. What is her problem? "I think I understand."

"Oh do you?" She asked scarcastically.

"Yeah I do. I think youve always been jealous of me. Especially when you saw how happy Niall and I are. And you reacted to that by getting with Harry. Maybe I was looking out for the wrong person. You keep saying I dont deserve what I have because Im a bitch. But youre the bitch that cant get a life. Im ashamed of you to be honest. I think I have been for awhile but I didnt realize it. I wish I didnt have a sister. I wish you never existed. Period."

"Allie!" It was Zayn, standing on the sidelines with the rest of the boys, starring at us, dumbfounded. I didnt even hear them come in.

"What?!" I hissed, turning to them. My anger was burning like an inferno. I saw them glance from me, to my right about 5 feet. I looked over to see Annabella shaking like a leaf, eyes filling.

My anger immaeditly diminished. I didnt mean any of that yet I said every hurtful thing I could think of. Like all the annoying things about her thats bothered me for the past 18 years just exploded out of me at once. And I regreted it big time.

"Annabella," I gasped, "Im so-"

She shook her head, "Look at you," She said hoasrsly, "Getting what you want again."

Then she ran for the door, ducking Harrys out streached arms. I stood frozen as he ran out after her and I felt the other four starring me down. I looked at Niall, whos face was full of dissappointment and concern.

"What was that about?" Louis asked, I knew the question was directed aat me but I couldnt answer, mostly because I didnt have an answer. I dont know where any of that came from.

Niall took a step towards me and I took a step back. "Allie." he said softly.

I felt my eyes and throat start to burn as I made a B  line for my bedroom and I closed the door behind me, with it only opening a second later as Niall walked in.

"Niall, please..." I whispered.

"What was that? Ive never heard you sound so, so.....awful. Ever."

"I know..." I said.

"You want to talk about it?"

"God, no." I said. 

"allie you can talk to me."

"I know. I just cant right now."

"Just-"

"Sheesh, Niall! Leave me alone!" I snapped and went into the bathroom, slamming it shut and locking it behind me.

~

After I ran through what happen about a million times I fell asleep in my fancy wear. What felt like 10 minutes later Niall was nudging me awake. He didnt look mad, but he didnt look happy either.

Oh, Niall, Im so sorry I yelled at you. You were just caring about me like you always do and I shouldntve snapped at you, was what I wanted to say. But he spoke first.

"Annas missing." I felt my stomach drop.

"What?"

"Alexander got a call from her at one in the morning saying that she got in a fight with you, ran out and that she was lost and that she wanted him to come get her. He told her it was all going to be okay and that to stay right where she was, that he was coming to get her. But when he got to the diner that she said she was going to be at she wasnt there, and the chef said that nobody that looked like Anna had came in that night. He got worried and tried to call the number she called from but when she didnt answer he got worried and called the police and then he called Harry. Im sorry Allie."

I was hyproventlating but I couldnt feel the air in my lungs. This is like a bad soap opera. Annabella cant be missing.

Niall laid next to me and pulled me into him as I cried. I hope shes okay. 

She needs to be okay.

~