Rengoku estate

Tomioka was going on many missions either alone or with Iguro which was problematic for him, he just ignored it so that Iguro doesn't catch on.

'I realised my feelings the other day. It would've been better to just ignore them and not realise. It's making life more difficult.' Right now Tomioka was alone, patroling.

'I can't even sleep because every time I do I see Iguro and it's annoying as hell.' Tomioka working non stop. He was going onto his fourth day of slaying demons with barely eating or not eating at all and no sleep.

Kocho was the only person who knew about this and was doing her best to atleast get him to eat something every now and then.

Thankfully after the fifth day Tomioka fell asleep after a mission alone and dreamt about happy moments with his sister.

He was well rested and he even had a good appetite that day. Kocho just kept distracting him from thinking about Iguro every time he was eating.

Once he was done though she knew she had to bring it up. 'He needs to do something about his feelings, He told me himself that if he starts to trust or like a person he becomes almost..reliant? Hmm no that's not the right word. What was the wording he used again?...ah emotionally attached to them.'

Kocho was talking to Tomioka so he could finsih eating without losing his appetite or such 'So either Tomioka has to confess, let his feelings die for Iguro, keep them to himself or distract himself with someone else.'

Once Tomioka finsihed Koch obrought uo the subject and made him choose between the four, explaining what each of the outcomes could be " I'll see. I don't want to decide just yet, I'd like to get to know Iguro more before I do so."

"Alright, it is your decision to make after all Tomioka, but I'm glad you had a good rest after so long." Kocho smiled and went out of the estate to patrol.

'Maybe I'm losing feelings for Iguro? Maybe that's why I dreamt of Tsutako and not him..that's a relief..heartbreak is just too much to take at the moment.'

Kanzuborou came in giving him a mission saying it's likely to be a lower moon and that another pillar would join me. 'It'll be Iguro again right? We've been going on so many missions together lately.'

Tomioka had everything he needed already so he just walked in the direction Kanzuborou gave to him. Kanzuborou was already tired and decided to just sleep on Tomioka's head, before he fell asleep on his head he said something.

"Soft and fluffy.." Tomioka just looked at the floor confused 'I never expected to have a bitd sleep on my head..And never mind it tell me my hairs soft and fluffy.'

Tomioka immediately started running to the place in case something bad may have happened. He met Iguro on the way there, also running but in a very weird pattern, kind of like a snake, it wastes stamina and speed but none of the pillars pointed it out. Iguro still got the job done.

"Why the hell is your crow sleeping on your head?" Iguro didn't exactly look mad he was just confused "He was tired. I mean he is getting old."

"What will you do if he dies here and now hm?" Iguro rolled his eyes at the sight of Tomioka reaching his hand up to pat Kanzuborou.

"I won't let that happen. My defense is good so it's not like I'll let the demon attack Kanzuborou." Kanzuborou was still fast asleep but was stretching out his wings into Tomioka's touch.

"Do what you want Tomioka, but don't say I didn't warn you."

Unlike how Iguro thought, Tomioka did a damned good job at protecting the humans that were trapped, himself and his kasugai crow. Iguro was the one to send the finishing blow to the demon though.

Uzui was recently sent on a mission and he was gonna be back up so he has to stay on high alert in case his crow comes to call him.

Which it did but only once the demon had fully disintegrated he already knew the way and just left.

Tomioka went back and decided it would be good to get some sleep again but then he ran into Rengoku, but thankfully Rengoku always had food on his mind and invited him out to eat.

"What would you like to eat Tomioka?" Rengoku wasn't very fussy so he decided to let Tomioka choose "Salmon daikon."

It's no surprise that he said that, it is his favourite food after all and Rengoku knew a place that sells the best salmon daikon and they also sell sweet potatoes. Seems the world was in both of their favours.

While eating Rengoku was telling Tomioka a huge story about his younger brother and father, talking about how cute his younger brother was and after his mission with upper 3, his father had changed and became a lot kinder, stopped with his over use of alcohol. Of course still drinking it out of habit but just enough that it doesn't make him feel too lonely.

Tomioka had fun listening to everything and he already had an image in his head of Rengoku's younger brother, Senjuro.

"Do you want to meet Senjuro?" Tomioka was paying the fees for their food and they had just exited the store. "...Does he want to meet me?"

"He's been dying to meet you and Iguro, since you two are the ones that saved my life. I've already invited Iguro and somehow I got him to accept even though he was talking to Kanroji. We're going there now actually!!'

"......right now?" Rengoku nodded and went on his way to his estate with Tomioka following, Rengoku telling Tomioka about his mother and everything.

When the two pillars got there they saw Senjuro talking to Iguro in the entrance, assuming he just got there.