twenty-five.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
Goodbye Dark Side, Hello Bright Side
October 25th, 1978.

A few days ago, Daphne finally accepted to go see Dumbledore only if Fabian came with her. He had ended up staying a few more nights actually but it felt alright to have him at home. He'd cook and she'd talk, he'd make jokes and she'd laugh out loud. She loved it. She loved falling asleep talking about silly things that happened throughout their childhoods, and she loved waking up to him kissing her forehead.

"Are you alright, Daph?" Fabian asked as they walked through Hogsmeade. He gave her hand a squeeze as he nodded. "I've contacted old Dumbledore, he said that we could go see his brother--Aberforth."

Daphne looked up with a frown, "He has a brother?"

"Yeah, not a lot of people know about him. Only Gid and I, really," he explained. "He's the owner of the Hog's Head. We only know of him because he's in the Order and we often sleep there after a mission."

"I see," she replied.

"You're nervous," he said, noticing how quiet she got as soon as they stepped into the village. "Have you heard something from your brother since the fight?"

"No, not really," she mumbled. "What kind of missions do you do?"

"Complicated ones," he admitted softly.

Daphne hummed, "But, could I help you with the complicated ones, Fab?"

He shook his head, "No, I won't allow it. It'd be mental of you to help us," he told her, pushing the door of the Hog's Head. "One day, we'll sit down and talk about it but not now," he added, waving at the barman. "Hello, Ab," he greeted.

"Fabian," he greeted back with a nod. "My brother told me you needed to pass through the bar to go to Hogwarts."

"Yes."

Aberforth slightly moved his head to look at Daphne, "Who's she?"

"Well Ab, I'm glad you asked," he said with a smile, moving his arm to put it around Daphne's neck so he could pull her closer. "This is Daphne Rosier, my--"

"His girlfriend," Daphne stepped in, offering her hand to Aberforth, which he shook.

"What are you here for?" He asked, curious to know what a Rosier was doing here.

She sighed, "I'm here to deflect," she admitted quietly.

"Don't worry, Ab. She's good," Fabian chirped in, giving him a reassuring smile. "Alright, show us the way, Ab," he said once Aberforth had radically relaxed.

Albus Dumbleedore's brother led them upstairs until they reached the room at the end of the corridor. Considering how cosy the place looked, Daphne assumed it was where Aberforth was living. He wordlessly pointed at the portrait that was hanging on the wall; a little girl with braids and blue dress was standing in front of a forest.

"Lead them to Hogwarts, would you?" He asked softly as the girl nodded her head and started to walk towards the forest. Fabian swung the portrait open before offering his hand to Daphne as he walked inside.

"Where--"

"Room of requirements," he cut her off. "Only few know of it," he added. "Have you ever seen it?"