twelve.

CHAPTER TWELVE
Mint Ice Cream
May 6th, 1978.

It had been a week since her conversation with James, and Daphne came to the stupid realisation that she missed him dearly. His stupid jokes, the way he would squint his eyes without his glasses or the way he would press soft kisses below her ear every time she appeared stressed. She missed him wholly. Daphne never experienced love like this, sure, she had loved before. She had loved Evan, her parents, Andromeda, her friends but she hadn't loved the way she loved James now. He felt like home.

"Pandy, do we have to go?" Daphne complained as Pandora simply linked their arms together as they started walking towards Hogsmeade.

Pandora chuckled, "Oh, Daphne! Of course we have to," she replied softly. "I noticed that you haven't been at your best lately, and I want to fix that."

"Thank you," Daphne said gently. "How did you notice?"

"Oh, well, I can sense it," she explained. "Mother thought I was a freak for seeing things that she could not. I thought she was right, that I was freak. But, ever since I left home and haven't returned, it is clear to me that I see beyond."

Daphne snorted, "Reg and I think you are a Seer," she confessed. "It would make sense, wouldn't it?"

She thought for a second then hummed, "I suppose."

"And...where do you go for the summer holidays?" Daphne queried, realising that she had never quite paid attention to what Pandora was doing during the breaks.

Pandora smiled, "I usually go to Xenophilius' house. His parents are kind enough to accept me there," she admitted with a soft blush on her cheeks. "He is nice, you know. Xenophilius, I mean."

"Why have I never met him?"

"He's a bit shy," she told her. "But, whenever he is ready to meet you, you shall meet him first," she beamed. "Deal?"

Daphne chuckled, "Deal."

As expected Hogsmeade was full, it was one of the last time they'd be able to go to Hogsmeade as students. Pandora led her in a small cafe and sat her down at a table. Daphne had rarely walked in this place, she was more of a butterbeer kind of a girl. But, she intended on making Pandora happy today so she promised she would follow her into every shop she went to.

"Want to know a secret, Daphne?" Pandora whispered, once they were sit down. The table was in the back, and no one could see them. "I know you've promised me a beautiful and amazing day, but I intend to make it a beautiful day for you instead."

Daphne frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Well, James Potter came to see me a few days ago. He seemed quite in a bad shape, he asked me a favour and I have said yes," she replied, starting to explain her everything from the beginning until the end.

Pandora sat in the library, reading the latest book Xenophilius' parents had given her. To her surprise, it was a Muggle one. The kind of ones she never had the chance to even see at home, well, forbidden really. The chair across her was dragged, making her look up and her blue eyes landed on James Potter.

"Oh, hello James," she smiled softly, closing her book and sat straight to look at him. He was handsome. "How are you? You seem sad."

James' shoulders slouched a little as he released a sigh, "Hello. Pandora, is it?" Pandora nodded her head, still wearing a smile. "I am kind of struggling with..."

"Daphne. I know," she cut him off as his eyes opened wide. "Oh, do not fret. Daphne didn't tell me a thing, but she will when she is ready. I have seen it, James."