eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT
Muggle London
April 12th, 1978

Daphne, or should I say dear Daphne?

I don't know, tell me in the next letter. Sirius and I have visited the Muggle village not too far from my home, did you know that the Muggles sell a lot of things? I bought some things, though. Also, have you seen the scores for the Chudley Canons vs Kenmare Kestrels? I was really hoping for England to win, I mean we do have better players...better luck next time, right?

My mum keeps asking about THE secret girl, told me she didn't care about her house and all that. I reckon she knows. I promise I haven't said anything, not until you don't give me permission. But, she would love you.

Remus and Pete are supposed to come soon, we are going to play Quidditch and cards. It's going to be fun. Though, Sirius is all about going out in a pub...I'm not against it but our parents are. He keeps insisting on the fact that he's an adult now, and doesn't need assistance. But, I know Mum will kill me if I bring him back plastered. Besides, Pete doesn't handle alcohol very well...especially the elf-wine!!! He's out after one glass. Remus could drink it all day, though. He's a real man, isn't he?

Enough about me...how are you? How are things at home? Mum and Dad are quieter, I know a war's coming but I can't do much right now. I was just hoping you were doing okay and away from danger, that's all I want. Is your little brother okay, too? Heard he was doing quiet the mess with Barty in Potion last time.

I miss you and I wish you were here.

I love you,
James, your secret lover.

ps: Feather is a nice owl, Winky loves her.

Daphne folded the parchment carefully and grabbed the box she had charmed herself. Getting to use her wand as its perks she'd say. She looked it one last time and smiled fondly at the heart he had tried to do at the end of the letter, or his messy yet beautiful handwriting. She reminded herself to answer later and closed the box softly, before putting it back under her head.

The Dark Lord, or Tom, had been at her house for the past few days. He had apparently discussed it with her parents, and they had both agreed to let him stay for a moment. So, she found herself having dinner with him and sharing tea in the afternoons. Evan had been quiet, staying his bedroom a little more than usual and Daphne reckoned he was scared by the man staying in their house. She didn't blame him though.

"Mum," Daphne called for her mum as she strolled around the house. "Letty, have you seen Mother?" She asked as she spotted her house-elf in the kitchen.

"Mistress Rosier is in the garden with Master," she said softly. "Does Letty need to call them for Missy Daphne?"

"No, it's quite alright," she responded, heading for the back door but was stopped by his voice. Turning her head, she noticed Letty had disappeared leaving her alone in the kitchen. "My Lord."

"Please. Tom is alright, dear," he told her. "How are you today? It is a sunny day, isn't it?"

"Very," she answered, remembering the warmth in her upstairs bedroom. "Are you planning on going outside? Perhaps enjoy the sun?"

"Only if you would do me the pleasure to come with me," he replied, holding his arm for her so she could link hers with his. "Good."

"How do you feel My—Tom," she corrected herself rapidly. "Are you alright with us? I mean staying here for a few days or weeks, whatever suits you the most."

"I feel perfectly fine," he responded firmly. "Thank you for taking the time to ask," he then added as they strolled in the garden. "Are you doing alright in school? Bacchus always talks about how intelligent you are."