the figure

chapter thirteen•̩̩͙*ೃ

                                         ⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

tw: gore.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙀𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚, as he recalled the night in his trailer, when Chrissy was killed.

"Her body... just like-- lifted up into the air, and, uh..." The boy stared at the floor, trying to find the right words for the unworldly circumstance, "And, she just like-- hung there... in the air."

The rest of them just listened, looking at him with pity in their eyes.

"And her bones-- uh, she..." The words got stuck on his tongue, as he quietly whimpered, remembering the sight of poor, dead girl, "Her bones started to snap... her eyes man... it, it was like... there was something-- like, inside her head, pulling."

His voice croaked dryly, "I-I didn't know what to do... so I...I ran away... I left her there..."

Eddie glanced up at them, scoffing, "You all think I'm crazy, right?"

"No..." Angelica softly whispered from beside him.

"No, we don't think you're crazy." Dustin nodded, reassuringly.

The older boy snapped, shaking his head, "No! Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds..."

"We're not bullshitting you."

"We believe you..." Robin added, which earned another scoff of disbelief from Eddie.

Dustin sighed, "Look... what I'm about to tell you... might be a little... difficult to take..."

"Okay...?" Eddie blinked curiously, before the curly haired boy continued.

"You know how people say Hawkins is... cursed...? They're not... way off... There's another world-- a world, hidden beneath Hawkins... and sometimes, it bleeds into ours."

Angelica nodded in agreement, remembering all the instances when she fought demodogs alongside Steve and threw fireworks at an unrealistically large creature as it murdered Max's older brother. Fun times.

"Like ghosts and shit...?" Eddie tilted his head in confusion.

"There are some things worse than ghosts." The redheaded girl shivered, and Angel couldn't help but send her a sympathetic smile. Ever since that night in Starcourt, Angelica's heart ached for the girl. She couldn't ever imagine watching her own brother die, right before her, especially in such a gruesome way-- even if Billy was a mullet-wearing asshole that harassed Steve on a daily basis.

Dustin continued explaining, "These monsters from this other world... we thought they were gone... but they've come back before-- and that's why we needed to find you."