monster

chapter two •̩̩͙*ೃ 

                                                       chapter two •̩̩͙*ೃ 

                                      ⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

𝓦𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙖 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙧 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙥 𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮,

 She quickly weaved through a group of students, wrapping her arms around their necks to grab their attention.

"Hey, guys."

"Oh, hey, Angel." The tone of Mike Wheeler's voice lead the girl to believe something was bumming them out.

"Why so sad?" She jokingly poked their faces, frowning.

Dustin Henderson sighed, "Lucas is ditching Hellfire for the bench tonight."

"Well, I mean... you guys know how much this game means to him... and I don't see why you can't just move it to another night." The two boys stared at Angel like she was crazy. Dustin shook his head.

"It's not that simple."

"Then just get a sub." The girl casually shrugged, but instantly regretted her suggestion when the curly-haired boy raised his brow, signaling that he had an idea.

"What about y-" He started, but was immediately cut off.

"Not me... I have to be at the game too, y'know." She gestured to her uniform, reminding the two of her status as the Tiger's Cheer captain.

The boy's previous bright expression suddenly dropped with disappointment,  "Shit, that's right... what are we gonna do then?"

"Just ask what's-his-face to move it, it can't be that hard." 

Mike rubbed the back of his neck, "You don't know him like we do."

"Well, no but surely your cult leader would understand, he can't be that unreasonable."

The two boys groaned in unison at her influenced choice of words. The rumors and gossip had started to get into Angel's head and it was painfully obvious from anyone else's perspective. Angel, on the other hand, was just as oblivious to it as she can be.

"It's not a cult, it's a D&D club... you'd know that if you weren't so brainwashed by those pom pom, basketball-loving wannabe's."

A group of seniors in green and white uniforms, standing only a few feet away, is what caused Angelica to stop dead in her tracks-- and to ignore the snarky comment that just came out of Mike's mouth.

"Sorry, kids, I've gotta go... good luck with the club thing."

With one last friendly pat on the back, Angel shamefully retreated to her more popular group of peers. She had an reputation to uphold, as shitty as it made her seem. It's what she wanted, or rather, what she had been convinced she wanted. Being the younger sister of Steve 'The Hair' Harrington came with unfortunate expectations. It wasn't necessarily the reputation that bothered the teen girl, but what had to be done to maintain it-- which might explain why her previous interaction with the two freshmen's was cut so short. She'd seen the way some people's stature's did 180's in a matter of hours, all from one rumor.

              »»————-———————  ———————————-««

"I don't know, it's like he's been sort of distant lately... and he says it's because of the championship but I don't know..." Allison Hughes yapped about some guy on the basketball team as the three cheerleaders stood in a secluded corner of the cafeteria. 

Juliette nodded slowly, her hands placed on her hips in thought, "You should probably talk to him about it, y'know? Maybe there's another reason."

Despite Angelica's attempts at focusing on the conversation, her attention was being pulled elsewhere. It was hard not to stare at the table full of Hellfire members. They stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the other students, who were practically drenched in clothing from The Gap. Once the girl had caught Dustin's gaze, she gave him a thumbs up, silently asking how everything was going. He shrugged and Angel just knit her brows in confusion at his response. She'd wonder why the two boys were so scared to ask such a simple favor in the first place. They acted like this guy was some unforgiving god that they worshipped 24/7.

"Let's just take a hike, clear our minds." Juliette joked, causing Angelica's eyes to be brought back to the two girls in front of her. Just as the trio began walking, there was a thud-- and somebody started speaking. The three girls looked over to see a boy with long hair standing on the table.

Allison rolled her eyes, "Oh, sweet Jesus."

"As long as you're into band..." He began, slowly stepping over the array of lunch trays, "Or science... or partiesss..."

Stifling a chuckle, Angel instinctively covered her mouth as someone from another table flipped him the bird.

"Or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!" The boy shouted towards the table filled with Tiger's basketball players.

The captain of the team stood up, "You want something, freak?"

The so-called 'freak' stuck his tongue out, raising two fingers above his head, as if they were horns. The gesture earned a few laughs from the club members behind him.

He began walking back to the other end of the table, "It's forced conforming... that's whats--"

The boy jumped off, startling a random passerby, "--KILLING THE KIDS!"

Noticing the three cheerleaders approaching, he politely stuck an arm out, as a way to let them pass-- the proud smirk never leaving his face. Angelica couldn't help but blatantly stare as they swiftly walked by.

"That's the real monster." As soon as those words left his mouth, Angel turned around, brows furrowed at his snippy remark-- only to be met with his eyes on her as he slumped back down at the end of the table.

"Excuse m-"

"Hey, don't take it personally, he's not very fond of us in general." Juliette whispered, lightly elbowing the girl before she said anything stupid.

"Who is he, anyways?" She huffed, folding her arms across her chest as the three continued their walk.

"Eddie Munson, leader of that fantasy club that everyone says is some Satanic cult."

Angelica slowly nodded, realizing that was the guy Dustin and Mike had been rambling about earlier. Despite her friend's warning, Angel was taking it very personally. Living with someone like mother had certainty turned her numb to a variety of criticism but when someone else provoked her about something she was already ashamed of, it was only rubbing salt on the wound and it deeply rattled the teen girl-- way more than she was used to. She's never had to deal with this kind of judgment-- being the 'Queen of Hawkins' and all. Everyone pretty much worshipped her for Christ's sake. 

The worst part is that nobody truly knew how much guilt she wallowed in-- her walls of unaffectedness were built a little too well.

A/N: Hiii!! thanks for reading chapter two, hope you liked it <3 this took like 3 days to edit and finish and im still not sure how i like it but lmk what u think, bye!!!