the news

chapter nine•̩̩͙*ೃ

                                                          chapter nine•̩̩͙*ೃ

                                         ⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙖 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨-𝙡𝙚𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙑𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙚, listening as Robin rambled about an interaction she had with Vickie. She ran her fingers over the blue sequins of her journal, which was positioned on her lap.

Robin followed Steve around as she went on, "My point is that Vickie laughed and everything was just like... it was perfect."

"But...?" Steve continued restocking the VHS' on the shelves.

"But I'm having this problem-- where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say-- but then I guess I get nervous and the words keep spilling out.. and it's like my... my brain is moving faster than my mouth... or-or rather my mouth is moving faster than my brain."

Angelica looked up at the two, as Robin kept rambling faster and faster.

"And it's like I'm digging this hole for myself! And I want to stop digging, I'm trying to stop digging, but I can't! And I'm doing it right now, aren't I?"

Steve leaned on one of the shelves, nodding, "Yeah, you are."

The brunette sitting on the counter couldn't help but giggle.

Robin sighed, leaning on the wall as Steve followed, "I'm hopeless."

"We both are..." He grumbled.

Robin glanced over to Angel, and then to Steve.

"If only... the three of us could just... combine..."

Angelica raised her brow, "Pardon?"

Steve shared the same confused look as his eyes darted to Robin, "Combine?"

"Yeah! I know exactly what I want, and I've found the girl of my dreams, but I just can't get the courage to ask her out... meanwhile you, Stevie, go on a million dates! And... you have no idea what you want."

Steve hummed in approval as Robin continued, reverting her attention to Angelica.

"And little Harrington over there has that basketball jock practically wrapped around her finger-- and so many other people! It's honestly a little ridiculous." 

The teen girl's eyes widened, "What!? I do not have him wrapped around my finger... I only talk to him because our parents know each other."

"Blah, Bah... still, if we combine... all our problems would be solved! Because let's face it... we suck... well... except for miss Queen of Hawkins over there..."