i did not murder her

chapter ten•̩̩͙*ೃ

                                                           chapter ten•̩̩͙*ೃ

                                         ⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙟𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜."

Max simply shook her head in response to Angelica's shock, "Nope."

None of it made sense to the brunette girl. How could the same boy she talked to the night before-- be capable of murdering a cheerleader. It's not like Angelica wanted to believe he could be capable, but then again she wasn't seeing any other explanations.

Max and Angel were off to a secluded corner, as Dustin, Robin and Steve were at the front-- attempting to call numbers in order to get a hint on Eddie's whereabouts. Well-- Robin and Dustin more than Steve-- considering Angelica could see him flirting with an innocent customer in the corner of her eye.

The red-headed girl sighed, before continuing the explanation, "Last night... I saw Eddie-- and Chrissy both go into his trailer... but that's the last I saw of her."

"What about Eddie? Did you see him again last night?" The teen girl questioned further, raising her brow.

Max nodded, slowly, "Yeah-- I heard something outside, and when I looked out the window-- Eddie was rushing into his car, and well, he drove off... but he looked genuinely scared... I don't know.."

Angelica sighed in thought, as she instinctively began biting at her nails. It was a dreadful and unflattering habit but anxiety was rooting through her and there wasn't much else she could do about it-- especially when a million questions echoed through her mind. But they were interrupted as the younger teen spoke up once more.

"But the thing is... right before I looked out the window... the lights in my trailer just started going.. crazy, I guess."

"Crazy?"

Max bit her lip, and shook her head, "I don't know... they just started... flickering."

As if the situation wasn't already confusing enough. However, the idea of lights going crazy wasn't unfamiliar to Angelica. Being Steve Harrington's little sister meant she was unfortunately dragged into demodog and mindflayer hunting throughout the previous years.

"I mean... the power always acts weird so... "

Angel hummed in sympathetically.

The brunette's attention suddenly turned to the group at the front, who were frantically calling people, "Any luck?"

"Nope, not quite..." Robin replied, in a defeatist tone.

Max joined the two and began dialing on one of the phones.