tension and cigarettes

chapter six•̩̩͙*ೃ

                                                   chapter six•̩̩͙*ೃ

                                 ⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"𝙅𝙚𝙨𝙪𝙨, 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙤𝙣! 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙚..."

Eddie Munson huffed, holding his face in his hands. 

She didn't answer, knowing how someone's voice sounds after they've been crying. Dry, hoarse, and obvious. The lump in her throat was so painful she didn't even know if she could talk. Angel hid her bleeding finger in her hands, so he wouldn't see.

"Are you... okay...?" He cocked his head in confusion, trying to get a better view of her puffy face.

She scowled defensively, wiping what was left of her tears away with her jacket sleeve, "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

He looked at her-- for a moment, and something flickered in his eyes, "It's just you're face is all red... and you're kinda bleeding out onto the floor..."

With knitted brows, she looked down, taking notice of the splatter of blood that was collecting on the white tiles in front of her feet.

"Fuck!"

"That's not something I'd expect to come out of a Harrington's mouth." Eddie slightly chuckled to lighten the mood, but immediately stopped himself when he saw the glare she was cutting him.

"Do you have any band aids or something? And maybe an ice pack...?" 

"Uhhh... I might, actually..." He turned and walked back into room he had previously been exiting, which she assumed was the Hellfire club room... slash drama room?

Was it bad that she had expected the club room to look like a torture chamber in the depths of hell? Only, when she leaned at the door frame to get a closer look, she realized it wasn't at all like the depths of hell. There was a long table in the middle of the room, with chairs surrounding it and there were different colored theater-looking lights at the ceiling. Near the table, there were candles and candelabras on thin pedestals that compensated for the dim lighting. Towards the back of the room was where Eddie stood, rummaging through cabinets and bins.

She stepped into the room, awkwardly walking towards him.

"It must be your lucky day, Harrington..." He proudly held up an ice pack and a band-aid.

"I doubt that." She muttered under her breath.

"We don't usually have stuff like this but uh... I guess you're the chosen one." A goofy smile twisted onto his lips.

Angel snorted at his corny 'joke', shaking her head so that he wouldn't see her smile.

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard."