Part 23

Mahi was sitting outside the room as Rohit was with Virat. They had decided first Rohit will try to talk it out with Virat understanding how deep the incident has affected him and then they would decide what they had to do.

One thing which he heard from Virat was vibrating and repeating in his mind and it disturbed Mahi a lot. He remembered how that held a precious memory which was related to his bond with Virat.

Flashback:

Mahi noticed the chubby kid who has joined their team today. He didn't go to him yet as he was busy in team meetings which was so hectic and unavoidable.

He noticed him talking to Rohit and Yuvi making weird faces and laughing on something.. they also seem to enjoy his company a lot.

He didn't yet had approached Mahi which didn't bother him as they were gonna share rooms so they had time to talk.

Mahi went to his room to freshen up. At the same time Virat arrived too, he was very nervous-- yes the Delhi boy in him was nervous for the first time as he was gonna share room with his captain-- The Indian Cricket Team, Captain.

He sat on the sofa practicing how he will introduce himself. He didn't realize when he fell asleep. He was tried of travelling and his head was also aching as it was a hectic day. He could play cricket for hours but travelling always tired him.

Mahi came out and saw most weird sight in front of him. Virat was sleeping with his head on couch support and legs were on rested on floor. He was in half laying position.

His neck is gonna sprain for sure, Mahi thought.

"Virat wake up, lay properly on the bed", he said softly.

But that didn't seem to work.

Mahi kept his hand on his shoulder, tried again, "Virat wake up"

He opened his eyes seeing Mahi infront of him, he immediately stood up so fast that he felt his head spin for a moment.

Mahi held him steady by his shoulders.

"What's wrong", he asked in concern.

"How stupid I am to sleep like this! How should I tell the captain that my head is aching and I feel tired, he would think I am weak. No No-- I can't", he thought seeing Mahi looking at him with questioning look.

"Nothing, sorry I slept", he said.

Mahi smiled at his innocence knowing there was more to it.

"Hi, I am MS Dhoni, we didnt get to meet properly yet", Mahi said forwarding his hand.

Virat smiled like a fanboy and shook his hand saying, "Ofcourse sir I know you, I am Virat Kohli"

"Don't call me Sir, its too formal", Mahi said hearing that formal yet respectful tone.

"Umm bhai bulau chalega?", Virat asked hesitantly.

"Ha chalega", Mahi said smiling trying to make him comfortable.

Mahi noticed him pressing his forehead again and again. He looked tired too. Is his head aching? If yes, why is he not saying anything? Stubborn kid!

"Virat, what's wrong with you? you can share it with me", Mahi said a little softly.

Virat looked at him and saw care and concern for him but still he was very stubborn. He never show his weak side to anyone as he thought that no one will understand him.

Mahi looked at him, saw uncertainty and how he was unsure about sharing it with him. He badly wanted to remove that from his eyes.

He held him by his shoulders and took him to bed, made him sit down. He kneeled infront of him.