Part 10

Rohit- say something Vi! talk to me pls..

Virat didn't know what he should do. Will Rohit really help me? I just can't do this alone, can I?

Rohit- Dekh vi, I know you are hurting yourself. If there is something I will help with you it! No questions asked! I promise you.

Virat- pakka?
He asked with moist eyes like a child. It was that moment Rohit knew that he was right about Virat. His heart was right.

Rohit- yes pakka! Promise!

As soon as he said that Virat hugged him tightly. He buried his face in his shoulder and cried hard. Rohit was shocked for a moment but eventually hugged him back.

Ro- kya hua hai Vi?
He asked softly seeing him crying so much.

Virat didn't answer but kept sobbing. After being alone and fighting alone to keep bhai safe for so long he felt now he had someone. He couldn't control himself and broke down.

Rohit rubbed his back to console him somehow. After what felt like an eternity Virat calmed down. Rohit made him sit properly and gave him some water.

Vi- I never wanted the captaincy Ro. I never wanted it. Press conference mai bhi when they asked me I just avoided that question so that no controversy will be created. It would be an insult if i directly say no right? Because captaining your country was an honour, haina?

Rohit nodded at that & encouraged him to continue.

Vi- phir after that when Mahi bhai went to that meeting I thought something was gonna happen there and so I asked bhai that if I was needed but bhai denied!

Ro- did u know that Mahi bhai was going to resign from captaincy?

Vi- no I didn't! Means Mahi bhai didn't tell me anything nor he gave me any hint. But I got a call when Mahi bhai went to the meeting.

Ro- what call?

Vi- that Mahi bhai has resigned from the captaincy. Firstly maine believe nahi kiya uski baat pe, then I saw the news with you all.

Ro- phir uske baad kya hua?

Vi- then he.. he.. told me to show you all ki how happy I am to get captaincy and how it's completely normal about bhai stepping down!

Ro- and u agreed itni jaldi?

Vi- no no first I didn't agree but he said to me that he will hurt bhai. Phir bhi I didn't believe but I don't know why I was scared that what if it is true and I said all those things to bhai in team room.

He took a deep breath to calm himself.
Vi- phir I told him that all this are just empty threats and how he is just trying to scare me. I cursed him in anger. But then.. he..

Rohit kept his hand on his which Virat held.
Ro- then kya? What did he do?

Vi- that concussion when we saw bhai unconscious, that was planned Ro! I didn't take him seriously then to prove me wrong he did that. He.. hurt.. he.. tried to punish me.. because I cursed him.. he..

Rohit side hugged him listening to all that.

Vi- bhai ko mere wajah se.. he hurt him! And I could not save him! I.. he told me to drop bhai from the team but how could i do that Ro! But then he said that if I don't do that then he will hurt bhai as he knew where bhai was gonna go!

Ro- phir u made that run out plan!

Vi- yes I didn't had any option Ro! I didn't want to do that.. I didn't.. bhai hates me.. he hates..