Part 20

Virat: Rohitttt! Roooo!

He barged into Rohit's room screaming on top of his voice because he knew that's what is gonna wake him up if he is sleeping.

Rohit: why are you screaming Vi?! I am trying to sleep.

He pulled comforter on his face to sleep again.

Virat: Ro get up yaar, Meko ek important baat karni hai!

Rohit peeked from the comforter to see the serious look on his face.

Rohit: Vi yaar what's bothering you at night 11pm! What's so important which can't wait till morning.

He finally got up and sat infront of virat.

Virat: Ro bhai apne room mai nahi hai and you know he is behaving so weird. He didn't talk to me after the match. You know wo humesha baat karte hai after the match. He didn't have breakfast and lunch. And match mai bhi na he was totally lost aise toh kabhi nahi hua.

Ro: okay.. what do u suggest we do?

Vi: I am going to find him where he is and then ask him directly. Koi plan karne se toh Mahi bhai nahi batayenge you know that toh direct puchna hi sahi rahega!

Ro: ha I will also come with you!

Before Rohit and Virat could go outside. Harry barged in Rohit's room.

Harry: BRo, Jassi has headache and he is not eating anything. You or Virat bhai come with me, he doesn't listen to me! He is not taking medicine also. Jaldi chalo please.

Virat and Rohit looked at each other confused about whether to be a big brother or little brother. Because both needed them now. Rohit signalled Virat to find Mahi and he will join him as soon as Jassi sleeps.

Virat: take care of him!

He said and went to search for Mahi bhai. He looked into the hotel lawn at first as bhai would take walks to clear his mind. But he was not there. He checked the dining room thinking that he may be hungry because he didn't had proper meals.

Virat whispered: where are you bhai?

Lastly only terrace was remaining. He didn't check it because Mahi never goes to terrace to clear his thoughts it was always long walks. Virat and Rohit used to go to terrace. But today was different, he opened the terrace door and saw Mahi sitting in the corner with his knees pressed to his chest and head rested on them.

Virat rushes to him and saw him in tears which broke his heart.

Virat: bhai!

He called very slowly not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

Mahi: Arey Cheeku! When did u come?

He hurriedly tried to wipe his tears. He thought no one will come here today so he was alone but whom he was kidding he had a grown up toddler who was his little brother with whom he can never be alone.

Virat didn't know what to ask so he just went and hugged him tightly which resulted as Mahi's face was buried in Virat's shoulder.

Mahi could not control himself after that. He just cried inconsolably in his embrace and Virat was rubbing his back to comfort him while some tears slipped from his eyes too seeing his bhai crying so much.

Virat: please stop crying bhai, aapki tabiyat kharab ho jayegi. Don't cry more please! Mere liye please!

He said softly seeing Mahi was in no mood to stop. Mahi just hugged him tightly.

After sometime when Mahi's sobs were reduced Virat carefully took him to his room. He made him lay his on his lap stroking his hair softly. Mahi felt so loved at that moment.