Part 21

'Virat stopped breathing'

'Rohit is hyperventilating, it's dangerous'

This two sentences were repeatedly echoing in Mahi's ears as he was sitting outside the room. He didn't know how much time it was since they arrived to the hospital. He only knew that his kids were suffering because of him. He was lost without them.

He sat there remembering how he had told them not to ever talk about the worse.. that was leaving him.. death!

Flashback:

Mahi was worried and angry as Virat and Rohit were gone outside without telling him. And now they came back and were in Virat's room from 2 hours. He knew something was wrong.

He went inside Virat's room and saw Virat laying on his stomach looking exhausted and pale. Before he could rush to him he heard noise from bathroom.

He saw Rohit coming out equally exhausted as Virat. He was swaying on his feet.

Mahi held him and made him lay down on the bed beside Virat.

Mahi- are you guys drunk?

Virat- no bhai.. why would u think like that? Aapko smell aa jaati na!
He said and ran towards the bathroom as he felt nauseous yet again.

Mahi sat beside Rohit who immediately leaned closer to him.

Mahi- what's wrong with you both?
He asked softly.

Vi- this idiot took me to some restaurant and there we tried their special dish and it was so weird!
And this are the consequences ever since we came back!
He said laying down beside Rohit.

Ro- don't call me idiot! U were the one who asked for special dish, I told we should have pasta!

Vi- oh this is exhausting!
He said tiredly.

Mahi- let me call the Doctor!

Rohit- bhai we already did! He gave us medicines so this vomiting is reduced now. Before it was every 5 mins.
He said and shifted his head in Mahi's lap.

Mahi was caressing Virat's hair as he was laying on other side.

Virat- it feels I am gonna die!
He closed his eyes and said holding Mahi's hand.

Mahi and Rohit immediately looked at him as he said that.

Ro- don't say that idiot.
He said and slept comfortably.

Mahi didn't say anything on that as he was not able to process it.

Virat was not able sleep as he was continuously tossing and turning on the bed. Mahi noticed that.

Mahi- Virat what's wrong?
He asked sitting beside him after placing Rohit's head on pillow as he was in deep sleep.

Vi- still having this weird stomach! Wait— why did u call me Virat?
He said with a discomfort in his face.

Mahi- that's ur name, right?
He said little formally which Virat noticed.

Vi- bhai kya hua hai? Aapko kisi baat ka bura laga kya? Aise mat baat karo na pls!
He requested like a child.

Mahi- why would say that about the dying thing? I don't like that.. never say that again!
He said little fumbling on the tone.

Virat was surprised and shocked about the fumbling tone.
Vi- bhai aise hi bol Diya tha Maine. Kya hua? Sorry bhai!
He said and cuddled to him.

Mahi- please don't say anything like this ever Cheeku!
He said holding him tightly. He was scared after he lost his friend.

Vi- pakka bhai, nahi bolunga aise kabhi! And aap na aise kuch mat Socho, I am never gonna leave you ever!
He said assuring him.

Ro- me too! Bhai tension mat lo, we are stuck for life! Fevicol ka majbut Jod!
He said keeping his head on his lap.

Mahi chuckled and kept his hand on Rohit's head and with other side he held Virat who happily leaned closer keeping his head on his chest.

Flashback end!

Mahi- please Cheeku,Ro! U have promised me that you will not leave me.. don't punish me pls! I would not able to live without you both..
he whispered burying his face in his palms.

Doctor came out of Rohit's room. Bhuvi nudged Mahi and they rushed towards him.

Mahi- he.. is.. okay?
He asked being scared.

Doctor- yes Rohit is okay and now he is out of danger. The medicines have taken effect after 5 hours on his body. And sometime back he was trying to wake up which caused him to hyperventilate. It got controlled at the right time. He will gain consciousness soon but he needs rest for a long time atleast 2-3 weeks! You can meet him once he wakes up but one person at a time.

Mahi- thank.. you.. so.. much!
He said being grateful.

Doctor- it's okay Mr.Dhoni! I will go and assist Virat's doctor and hopefully he will be okay too!
He smiled and went from there.

Jaddu kept his hand on his shoulder to which Mahi just hugged him tightly shedding his tears. Ash and Bhuvi themselves got tears seeing bhai like that and their friends in this condition. They joined the hug.

After 2 hours of waiting finally they were allowed to meet Rohit. They sent Mahi inside.

Mahi went inside and sat beside Rohit. He kept his hand very slowly on his not wanting to hurt him. That touch caused Rohit to open his eyes.

Ro- bhai.. aap.. thik.. ho?
He asked weakly.

Mahi smiled amidst of tears listening to his question. He just caressed his hair.

Mahi- yes I am okay! U scared me so much kiddo!

Ro- hmm.. sry!
He said tiredly feeling his eyes heavy due to sedatives.

Mahi- sleep kiddo!

Ro- don't.. go.. be.. here!
He said weakly gripping his hand.

Mahi- no going anywhere Bacha! With you always..

Ro- Vi? He.. okay?
He said closing his eyes.

Mahi didn't know what to say but before he could say something Rohit had fallen asleep. He just sat beside him hoping and praying that Virat wakes up!

_

Hi, here is the next update! I hope u like it! If yes then please drop some in-line comments, makes me happy!

Happy reading!