Part 2

Virat got up in the morning only to see Mahi bhai still sleeping.

He was sharing room with him instead of Rohit as Hardik had made a extra dramatic move so that he could share the room with Rohit.

They could not have overly dramatic Hardik for whole tour so being safe.

Virat looked at the time, it was just 5.30 in the morning. How did he woke up so early today?

He went into balcony remembering what happened at press conference.

Reporter- Virat, there are talks outside of you being an all-format captain, how much of it that true?

Vi- sir, I don't listen to outside talks. No one in the dressing room does.

Reporter- but sir, you already the test captain. So there are suggestions for you to be the captain as spilt captaincy doesn't work.

Vi- Sir, why don't you keep questions directed to the tour and matches? I am NOT here to make any controversial statements.

He got up and left the conference.

Virat sighed at how the questions were specifically on the captaincy thing.

But captaincy was an honour.

Mahi- Cheeku, what's cooking in your mind in the morning?
You know give it some rest from ur overthinking?

Vi- it's nothing, I will go and wake Ro up. You know how difficult task that is!
Meet you at breakfast.

Mahi found his behaviour strange. He took the newspaper and sat in the balcony. They still had time for breakfast.

'Vice captain didn't deny the split captaincy rumours going on. Even he didn't say no to if he would like to be the captain next'

Mahi didn't know what had happened yesterday but this surprised him. He knew Virat always answered questions related to him.

He opened his phone just to check and the reaction were the same.

'Time for MS to step down from captaincy! Virat should lead the team as he is already leading in tests'

He had plans to step down himself but this made it little hard on his part emotionally.

His thoughts were broken by his phone ring.

Mahi- MS here!

Official- yes MS, we had a meeting today. It's a bit preponed on urgent basis so can you join us in like 15 mins.

Mahi- sure will do!

Vi- bhai breakfast karne chalo! I already did the super tough job of waking up Ro! Ugh!

Ro- oh hello mister! I was awake already, don't u dare lie! Bhai I woke up on time today..

Vi- haww! Kya jutha Aadmi hai yeh! Bhai mai abhi jaake itna door knock kiya and he opened with sleepy red eyes! And still u have the audacity to lie!

Ro- oh hello! I was not sleepy, I just showered and soap went into my eye, so it was red!
Bhai, u believe me na, I woke up on time!

Mahi- you both go stop this bickering in the morning. Breakfast kar lo pehle, phir practice bhi hai!

Vi- aap nahi aa rahe?

Mahi- Cheeku, Mujhe kaam hai urgent!

Vi- kya kaam?

Mahi- just official work!

Vi- am I needed?
He asked curiously knowing what had happened in the conference yesterday.