Part 5

Everyone gathered in the dining room. Mahi arrived too at very instance of Rohit. He could not say no to him. And moreover he didn't want to break like this. He is gonna face everything which comes his way no matter how hurtful that is.

He is not gonna let win anyone, be it his Cheeku-- who was now Virat for him. He never thought in his life that his beautiful relation with his brother will take this turn.

But he didnt blame anyone, it was him who kept expectations and broke his walls. Let someone so close to him to affect him like this. It was his mistake!

"Bhai aap thik ho na? I am really sorry from Virat's side ki he is saying all this! but you know him bhai, there may be a reason", Rohit said softly.

Mahi responded, "I am okay Ro. It doesn't matter now! He made it very clear when he shifted his room and his words were enough to broke me"

"No bhai aisa nhi hai--", Rohit tried but he was cut off by Mahi.

"Where did I go wrong Ro? Tell me, I considered him as my little brother, gave him all the love! But he-- what did he do? Hurt me beyond repair! Anyway-- I dont want to talk about him", Mahi said focusing back on his breakfast.

"Good job boy", a person whispered in Virat's ear who was standing right behind Mahi and Rohit.

Virat dragged him before anyone could notice.

"What are you doing here? Why the fuck are you here", Virat gritted angrily.

Person stepped closer, "Shh! Virat, don't swear at me! you know the consequence.. you will be punished for this"

He moved away from him to leave.

"No No please dont do anything, I am sorry! I will take care next time", Virat pleaded to him but it turned to deaf ears.

"Sorry doesn't work for me Virat, control your anger boy!", he said and left from there.

Virat punched the wall in frustration. He went to his room, locked the room and screamed in anger and sadness.

He slumped down against the bed, burying his face in his knees. Room was dark, he didn't even bother to turn on the lights because he couldn't face himself in the mirror after what he had done to his bhai.

His Mahi bhai, who was his support system! Father figure to him, gave him unconditional love.

What did he do? Broke him! Said those horrible things to him.

No, he can't fall weak like this. He have to do something. Anything to protect his Mahi bhai.

Mahi bhai  has always protected him from any situation and now it was his turn! For that he could give his own life too!

"Virat bhai, you coming for team session?", Rishabh knocked his room.

"No-- I mean yes, you go ahead. I will be there", Virat replied back.

He was gonna say No to avoid Mahi bhai but he remembered that person's words. So he had to look out for Bhai.

He washed his face, composed himself to look presentable.

Virat entered the room to see the movie was about to start. He took a bean bag and sat in the corner.

"Mahi bhai I will sit beside you", Rishabh said gaining Virat's attention.

Kuldeep whined to that, "No I will sit, I never get a chance. It's always Virat bhai--"

He stopped sensing silence in the room hearing that. Mahi had a impassive look on his face while everyone looked in Virat's direction only to see him engrossed in the phone.

For the team it was easy to interfere if it was a Virat-Rohit fight or argument but it was so difficult now because for the first time they are seeing Virat and Mahi bhai like this.

Everyone was engrossed in the movie. Mahi got some call and he went out of the room.

Rohit noticed that it was half hour and Mahi bhai didn't come back. He went to check on him.

"Bhai", he called entering his room.

The sight before him was enough to turn him pale.

"Mahi bhai, bhai-- what happened? Wake up please.. bhai answer to me", Rohit cried in helplessness seeing Mahi bhai unconscious.

He called Virat first because he only came to his mind at that moment. And then called the doctor.

"Vi, come fast to Mahi bhai's room! Don't ask anything! Just come", he said panicked about Mahi bhai's condition.

Virat rushed hearing Rohit's panicked voice.

"What happened?", he asked entering the room.

Virat froze in his step seeing Mahi bhai unconscious. He failed to protect him. He knew something like this was gonna happen but he failed.

"Seems like he got hit on his head, minor concussion it is.. you know the drill, complete rest for the day can cure him quickly. Take care", team doctor said and left the room.

"Mahi bhai, open your eyes please", Rohit said softly.

Mahi opened his eyes but shut it as quickly as he opened due to the pain he felt.

"Ahhh..", he hissed in pain.

"Mahi bhai, don't move your head. Keep it steady", Rohit said keeping the pillows properly and give it support.

"Are you okay now?", Rohit asked to which Mahi nodded. Mahi didn't noticed Virat in the room.

Virat could not see it anymore so he left the room.

"What did you do to him? I did everything you said. I even fought with him as you wanted. He gave up the captaincy too, now what else do you want?", Virat yelled on the call.

"Lower your voice.. this was just a trailer as you had cursed me. Behave as I say otherwise you know what I can do to your so called Mahi bhai", the person said.

"Please don't hurt him please", Virat begged him but all it was going to deaf ears as the call was disconnected.

"Ughhhh!", Virat screamed in frustration. He punched the mirror in anger.

Took the glass piece in his hand trying to hurt himself for hurting his Mahi bhai. When he saw the blood flowing down his palm.. that blood made him feel Mahi bhai's pain which was more than this.

"Mahi bhai I will never let anything happen to you I promise! I know you will never talk to me again but atleast you will be safe, that's all I want. If I want to keep you alive I have to do this. I can't even say sorry because I don't deserve your forgiveness to the things I have said to you!", he cried in pain.

__________

Hi everyone, here is the most awaited chapter I guess! I hope you all like it.

Drop your comments on how u like it. Suggestions if there are any and in-line reactions.

Happy Reading!