Chapter 12

I opened my eyes to bright lights and white walls

What happened? I thought as I tried to adjust to the light. I tried to sit down but my head feels like it has been hit with an anvil and my back hurts so much.

Then I noticed my left hand had a cast on it. 

"Hey,calm down. You are alright"I hear a soft voice say and I turned to see it was Dixie looking worried.

Suddenly everything hit me. It was Dante,he did this to me. He is a monster, I can't do this anymore,I want out of the marriage.

I will call my lawyers and ask for an annualment .

" Thank God you are okay Blaire. I'll call the doctor" she rushes out before I can say anything.

She returns with the doctor and a nurse along with my family.

"Oh my baby, you are okay. Thank God,I was so worried" mom cries before hugging me.

"What... what are you all doing here?" I asked confused.

"Dante called us and told us what happened. I can't believe robbers could do this to you" Dad says and I frown.

That is what he told them. That robbers nearly killed me meanwhile it was him.

"Hello. I'm doctor Cal. How are you feeling?" the young and handsome doctor asks

"Like I have been run over by a train" I groan and he chuckles. Wow,that is hot.

"Well it is normal to feel that way. You are fine, your vitals are okay,you didn't sustain any permanent head injury. Your hand will take a little while before healing, maybe a month at most." he says before moving closer to me and checking my heart beat and whatever.

I now noticed his wedding band. Oh he is married,well that sucks.

Suddenly, Chanel barges in and immediately comes to hug me.

"I need to teach you how to fight because you nearly gave me a heart attack" she whispers.

Brandon had to tug her away from me before she could let go.

"You'll be discharged tomorrow. Please no hard work,you need to relax " he says before taking his leave.

My mom was talking to Mrs. Angelis when the door opens and Dante comes in.

Fear immediately engulfed me and I stated shaking my head. He can't be here,I don't want him here.

I begun to yell and he pretended to the perfect husband but I'm not buying it.

Thank God Brandon was able to send him away.

I finally relaxed but couldn't stop sobbing into Brandon's dress.

Everyone was getting suspicious and I  like it.

I passed out before I realized it.

I woke up the next morning to see only my mom around. She didn't leave.

She told me Brandon and Chanel decided to leave because she was getting exhausted and they dropped my dad off.

Dante's parents also left but Dante didn't,he stayed out side the entire night.

What a pretender!!!.

Later in the afternoon, Brandon came back because I was being discharged,which Dante had to signed because he was the one who admitted me here.

"Mom,can I come home with you till I recover?"I asked her Infront of Dante and I see his jaw clenching.

"Why honey?" She asked confused

"It is nothing and I miss you guys alot. Also I'll get better when you are around" I lie.

"Oh okay" she agreed but Dante had to butt in.

"Oh no honey,I already hired a nurse for you and physiotherapist to help with your hand. Please don't go" he pleaded and I know it was all fake.

" Oh you are such a good man Dante. Honey,I think that would be better, don't worry I'll come visit everyday with the boys" she says and I nearly burst into tears.

Why can't anyone see past his lying face. Brandon however has been quiet about the whole situation.

After I was discharged,mom helped me to Brandon's car.

Mom drove with Dante and I drove with Brandon.

He was quiet the entire ride which is unusual and that means something is bothering him.

"You can talk to me you know. No need to be awkward when we are alone "I say and he looks at me.

Nobody might know this and it is  a secret we'll keep till our graves.

Brandon and I had sex one time. It was a brief moment and everything happened too fast. I was with Aaron at that time and he and Chanel were having problems in their relationship.

It was our second year in college, I was trying to console him but one thing lead to the other and boom it happened.

We swore not tell anyone about it. Especially Chanel,it could ruin our friendship.

But whenever we are alone,things get awkward.

"It is not that. It is just that....I'm going to propose to Chanel properly and I don't want anymore secret between us. I'm thinking of telling her what happened"he quietly says.

"What!?? No,it will ruin everything you've built. I don't want to lose my best friend and what happened was a mistake. You swore Brandon, don't go back on your words. Please"I tell him.

"I know that, I  really love her and I don't want my child to be born in lies"he quietly says and I nod.

"You can't tell her"I simply says before wiping tears away.

I can't believe Brandon would even think about that. Chanel is the only one who understands me. She was my anchor when I lost my mom. She is my sister and I can't lose her.

I'm being selfish I know but I can't lose her.

It was mistake and it will never happened again.

When we arrived at Dante's estate, Brandon helped me inside and Dixie took me to my room.

She prepared me some lunch, which I ate immediately and took my medicine. Mom and Brandon left later that day.

In the evening I was in my room, eating some strawberries when Dante enters the room without knocking.

My heart begun to race like crazy.

"Don't be nervous,I'm not here to hurt you which I really want to because of the mischief you caused at the hospital. Listen very carefully,never tell anyone what happens in this marriage or else you'll get much more worse than what happened yesterday"he smirks.

"You are sick. Very sick"I say in disgust.

"Watch your mouth. I don't care whether you are hurt of not. Mind how you speak to me in this house. It is my house"he hisses before storming out.

I suddenly lost appetite.