𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 | 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧

𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕

𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔. 𝟼:𝟶𝟽 𝚙𝚖

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 the second week of summer vacation and the blocks of Harlem were crowded as people both young and old found themselves enjoying the slight breeze and the sun shining down. Laney was sitting in her living room listening to her father intently as he directed her from the other side of the piano. She could feel her phone buzzing from her back pocket yet she knew better than to try and pull it out.

"Try not to be so harsh on the Cm and I think it'll flow easier baby." Her dad instructed leaning over to press the key in a gentle manner, "yeah," he acknowledged, "I think that's it."

She could feel her phone burning into her skin, the urge to whip it out overbearing. She knew it was no one but her friends pestering her to come outside. "One more time baby, then we can switch to the next."

She couldn't help the pout that came across her face at his words. "Nah," he chuckled, "I told you, practice makes perfect, and I ain't gon' let you give out nothing less, you hear me?" he said leaning himself against her sleek piano.

With an exaggerated sigh, she uncrossed her arms repeating the melody Cmaj7, Em, B, Bm, C, D, A, Cm, E, E5

"Yes!" her father exclaimed "Yes! That's it." he grinned clapping his hands together dramatically making her throw him a faux irritated face whilst trying to contain her bashful smile.  Behind her, she could faintly hear the sound of a door closing and footsteps approaching.

"Damn, is she free now or what?" Her older brother Elias called out, tossing a goofy grin almost identical to his father's. "Them lil' niggas done started blowing up my shit too." he pointed out raising his phone where she could faintly see Notti's contact flashing across his screen. "It's summer, pop's" he added, lifting his sister up from the piano bench. "Niggas need to have fun." he laughed.

"Aight'," her dad gave in, "I got to visit uncle V anyway, don't get into nothing y'all ain't got no business in"

He sighed, dropping his phone and keys into the pocket of his cargo pants. "Laney, Baby, watch out for your brother." he joked, tossing a side-eye toward his oldest child. "Man, what?" Eli laughed, playfully shoving his dad. "You worried about me, the whole time, your daughter is a demon, but okay."

"Shut up Elias," she grumbled, lifting his arm from her head, "we all know you don't know how to act."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he laughed, placing his arm over her shoulder, "we'll see you tonight pops."

They could faintly hear their father calling out behind them for them to be home at a reasonable time, but messing with her brother she knew that most definitely wouldn't be happening. "Them lil' niggas ruthless," he started, "blowing up my phone and shit, especially that nigga Notti."