𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬

"Oh," Laney accepted the flowers, "they're beautiful thank you

"Oh," Laney accepted the flowers, "they're beautiful thank you."

Noah nodded his head, pointing his fingers toward the exit, "So are you ready to leave?" He questioned nervously bouncing on the feels of his feet."Oh, yeah." Laney hummed, "Let me just put these in water." She left the door open, quickly jogging to the counter, adding her pink roses to Crimsley's white ones.

"You can keep those." She muttered quietly as she passed by the older woman giving her a quick hug.She went from Melz to jay to Dd and finally to Elias and Notti, passing out quick hugs before meeting Noah at the door again.

"I'm ready," she said stepping out and closing the door behind her.  The two walked out of the building, Laney failing to hide her surprise when Noah pulled his keys from his pocket, "I turned sixteen last October." He laughed, opening the passenger door.

"No way," she laughed, standing in place on the sidewalk.

With a questioning glance, Noah remained to hold the door open, "What?"

"You drive a 2022 Supra GR, and you're sixteen!" She burst, "bro are we going to get arrested, whose car did you steal?"

"You know cars? I like you a whole lot more." He smiled, "this is my shit though."

Laney finally gave in slipping into the passenger seat. She waited until Noah circled around hopping in the driver's seat before speaking again.

"Not to be nosey but like, how can you afford this."

"My dad, he owns some art galleries." He spoke up, placing his hand on her seat as he reversed and turned onto the road.

"No way." she mugged again, "I don't believe you."

"Yo, you don't believe shit I say huh?" he laughed, opening his phone and passing it to her. On the screen she could see Noah in what appeared to be a family portrait, her eyes scanned the photo eyes enlarging at the site of what she assumed was his dad.

"Noah!" she squealed tossing his phone onto his lap. "Be fucking for real, your dad is Kehinde Wiley!" Noah let out a laugh, catching his phone from dropping.

"Mhmm hmm," he nodded, reaching over to connect the Bluetooth.

"Wow." she gawked, "that's amazing, you kind of make a lot of sense now."Noah laughed, eyes still focused on the road, "yeah? what do you mean by that?"

"Nothing bad I promise," she answered, "Just that a lot of niggas from Sugarhill don't dress and act like you, you're different from the guys in the neighborhood and from school."

"Makes sense, I'm not from Sugarhill, and my dad figured it'd be best for me to go to prep to experience I guess a deeper knowledge."

"You're not from the block?" she questioned watching him shake his head, "then why are you always over there then?"