𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐲

𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕

𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔. 𝟾:𝟶𝟸 𝚙𝚖

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 silent between Laney and Notti while they waited for the two boys to return. Notti focused intently on the screen where his character in GTA had just been arrested, and Laney sat beside the boy, head placed in the nook between his neck and shoulder.

It wasn't an awkward silence, in fact, it was very comfortable. Notti and Laney didn't have to worry about uncomfortable silence or ever feeling tension between themselves. They could literally do everything or nothing at all and still feel completely at peace.

With a glance to his right Notti took a peek at her phone seeing replying to messages from their group chat. "Where they at now?" he questioned.

"They're on the way, David had to grab a new T-shirt." she replied, locking her phone. "How long do you think we'll be there?" she questioned, lifting her head from his shoulder and sitting up straight. "I want to finish Solas tonight."

"Solas," Notti repeated, "That's the name of the song?" he asked, leaning back further into the couch.

"Yeah," she smiled. She always liked it when her friends showed interest in her work, "Yeah, it's Solas."

"Mhhm, why Solas?" He inquired, "what does that mean?"

"Solas, means light, well in Gaelic, I wanted to write a piece that represents searching."

"Do you feel like you're searching?" He asked, his eyes never left the screen and his fingers never stopped their rapid movement, but she had his full attention and they both knew it.

"I guess." she spoke, yet her tone was fairly soft.

"For light? Because solas means light." He observed. She nodded her head before she realized he wasn't looking at her. "Yeah," she coughed up, "Or hope, I feel like a light represents hope, something you chase you know?"

Notti nodded his head at her elaboration. "I like that, I could hear it?" he inquired. "I would like to, I mean."

With a blushing face she stammered out a reply, "I mean you could, but it's not finished yet."

"When it's finished then?" he asked, finally turning to look at her, "can I hear it then?"

She rolled her eyes at his insistent request and nodded her head with a bashful smile, "yeah, Notti. You'll be the first person to hear it."

"Bet." He smirked, nudging her forehead with his two fingers. "Imma' hold you to it my heart."

"Yeah, yeah," she agreed, it was silent between the two again, the intensity behind their stares almost mesmeric.

The two boys walked in the door in the midst of their eye contact, Dd turned to look at Ddot with raised brows as if to say "you see what I'm seeing" to which Ddot offered his friend a knowing smirk shrugging his shoulders.