𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 | 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐬

Laney had barely slept last night, constant tossing and turning from her nerves had her up all night

Laney had barely slept last night, constant tossing and turning from her nerves had her up all night. It was now Eleven in the morning and she stared at her screen,

it's a chill Lil something, dress comfortably.

What the fuck was she supposed to wear to a surprise date?

The word chill echoed in her mind as she stood and trekked to her closet, she deliberated options for a while, finally pulling out a comfortable sweater and distressed patch jeans. She folded the outfit stuffing the items in her duffle.

She grabbed her makeup bag which consisted of barely anything, she thanks god for making her the same color as Melz, or else she would've had nothing to show for the effort she was putting into this date.

She sighed nervously, as she tossed her ricks into the bag, she was fresh out of the shower, an essential short set adorning her body. She pulled on a pair of black crew socks and slipped on her black Yeezy slides and quietly parted from her home.

She texted Melz that she was on the way.

When she arrived she was met with the door quickly swinging open, she jumped back throwing her hand to her chest.

"Oh my god, you scared the shit out of me." She scolded as Melz pulled her into a bone-crushing hug.

"Shut up! I haven't seen you in forever and you have a date!" Melz cooed, rocking the two side to side.

Crimsley was no better.

At the sound of Laney's voice, she hurriedly rushed from her room, pulling the younger girl from Melz's arms and wrapping her in her own instead. "Oh! My baby has a date!" She squealed bouncing up and down.

Laney let out a laugh when Melz joined in, "You're growing up so fast mariquita, your mama would love this." She hummed, stopping the bouncing to rub at her god-daughters back, "Yeah." Laney whispered, "she would."

Dd and Notti watched the interaction from the couch.

Notti realized at this moment that even if he didn't want her to go on this date, he wouldn't do anything to ruin this moment for her, even if he had the chance to be her first date instead. He'd let his sister and Mom prep his girl up for another guy, and he'd be okay with them sending her off like the most beautiful thing in the world for someone else because this meant a whole lot more to her than just a date.

He knew that now.

Dd smacked his teeth as Crimsley pulled Laney into her room, just as Melz was about to follow Dd spoke up, "yo, you so dayroom."

Baffled Melz turned her body to face him in an instant, "the fuck, nigga?"

"You heard me, dayroom." He spits back, watching Notti keep his eyes trained on the Tv screen.

Melz smacked her teeth, tossing her hand at him, "If this is about Notti I don't have anything to do with that, she's like my sister at the end of the day and if she needs help I'm going to offer it."