𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝

Based this chapter off of the old nursery rhyme Monday's child but also took inspiration from the song wednesday's child by alice smith, you should  most definitely play it while you read.

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 hear a thing.

Everything seemed to be moving in such slow motion like pixels, her eyes struggled to grasp the movement happening around her.

Notti held her head cradled in his lap, hands constantly tapping her dissociated frame, "Laney!"

She didn't respond, eyes dazed and cast up towards the sky roof.

She wondered if it was Thursday yet, it wasn't.

She was eight minutes away from the next day.

You belong to each day, she thinks.

She also thinks this Wednesday will haunt her for the rest of her life.

She feels crazy, her mind feels frantic yet she feels oddly at peace.

She hears music echo in her head, she barely blinks as a slew of buildings passes overhead.

The radio was off.

On Monday, she was happy and smiling, filming a music video and laughing with her friends.

Monday's child is ever smiling.

On Tuesday, the sun was ever so bright, and she remembers how warm the glares were as they flickered through Noah's windshield. Her hand swayed in the wind, perched against the open window of the car, the tingle of the sun and the whistling of the wind danced with her fingers.

Tuesday's child will play in the sun.

This morning, this Wednesday morning took a turn for the worse.

Wednesday's comes with a gun.

Elias drove erratically, heart racing a mile a minute as he kept one hand on the wheel and reached one back to hold onto his sister's.

Dd sat in the front seat, head nervously peering around the passenger seat to continuously call out his friend's name, who he considered his baby sister.

Darrian was crouched over her, his long lean legs bent at an uncomfortable angle as he crouched on the floor of the SUV. "Hey, c'mon my heart."

The drive back to Sugarhill seemed much longer this trip, even though they were driving nearly fifty over the speed limit.

The clock hit twelve, and as the moonlight shone throughout the car Laney felt the very first tear cascade down her soft cheek.

"Hey," Notti cooed, pulling her head in his direction, she couldn't see the sky anymore just Ethan.

"It's okay," he cracked, his left hand nestled into her hair as his right hand pushed her farther into him, "you did what you needed to do."

She let out a sob then, a gut-wrenching sob that had Darrian's hand cover his mouth.