𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 | 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐚 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐮

𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚒'𝚜 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚒'𝚜 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔. 𝟷𝟶:𝟷𝟷 𝚊𝚖

𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐚 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐮. It means to begin heartily and finish weakly.

Before she succumbed to her tiredness last night Laney fully expected the first conversation to revolve around the shared kiss between her and Notti.

Instead, she was met with the Notti's room door being swung open and slammed against the wall harshly.

The noise startled both she and Notti making them jolt awake, rubbing his eyes Notti didn't even have time to question his brother's actions before he was cut off.

"Get the fuck up, bro!" Dd shouted, "get dressed hurry up."

"Bro what the fuck?" Notti groaned, tossing his head back down onto the pillow. Laney climbed over Notti's body already digging through her designated drawer to toss on a pair of sweatpants.

"Notti, they killed Devyn."

Silence overtook the room immediately, Laney paused her rumbling turning to Dd, "what?" her voice cracked. "Devyn Devyn?" she asked watching Dd nod his head in confirmation.

Notti was out of bed in an instant. Still frozen Laney watched as the two boys reached under the beds pulling out matching G17s.

Laney felt the breath catch in her throat as she brought her hand up to her mouth. She knew instantly what their plan was. "Where is my brother?" She asked Dd, he turned to look at her, looking conflicted before turning away.

"David!" she shouted, "Where the fuck is my brother?"

"He's at the end of the block." He ratted, tossing his piece into his ratty bookbag and leaving the room. "Stay here," Notti ordered.

"No." she combated, hurriedly slipping on her shoes, she knew she looked crazy as hell at this moment but she could care less.

"Laney Bro!" Notti shouted, grasping her arm as she tried to slip past him. "Stop being dumb, stay here."

"Notti, get the fuck out of my way, y'all are about to get yourselves killed." she pushed his hand from her arm.

With an angry intake of air Notti grasped her shoulders in his hands. "I'm not saying it no more, stay in here, I'll be back." He ordered, pulling up his sheisty mask and throwing on his hood. He left the room with a quickness she'd never seen, slamming the door behind him.

Laney could hear Crimsley shouting for her sons to stop, to no avail.

When she heard the front door slam shut she rushed from the room seeing Crimsley's panic-stricken face. "No." she cried out reaching for Laney's arm, "come on, mariquita." she begged, "stay with me."