𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝

The studio was more packed than usual, full of faces she'd never seen before along with a handful of her friends

The studio was more packed than usual, full of faces she'd never seen before along with a handful of her friends. The walk up the stairs made them arrive to the room later than everyone else. The seats were packed and almost everyone crowded around the walls.

Elias was settled in front of the booth, in a singular rollie chair. Infront of him was a lanky dark-skinned man with cornrows decorating his head. As Laney entered the room, she caught on to the silence of everyone else in the room minus her brother and the unknown man.

"And your sister? How you feel about her come up?"

"Aw man," Elias smiled, his head bowed down. "My sister is my heart outside my chest ya feel me?"

He lifted his head and looked directly into the lens of the camera.

"She my lil mini me, like, we different in some ways but we more alike than anything just like, like she everything I wish I could be plus more, but the good traits I got she also got em'."

"So, you two are close I'm assuming?"

Laney came to the conclusion that her brother was in the midst of an interview. She saw an open seat beside Dd and scooted in between him and Jay. Jay dapped her up, his attention stuck on his phone and Dd thew his arm over her shoulder his attention on Elias.

"Closer than close, it's like a closeness more than siblings, I almost feel like she's my own child sometimes. Like if I was to have a child I feel like I'd feel Like Aolani was my firstborn. I got such a..." Elias smacks his teeth looking off into the distance to try and gather his thoughts, when he finally found the words he continued, "paternal love for her."

Laney smiled at her brother's words.

"I was four when she was born so like, that's old enough to realize that it's a life under your care and eye you know?" The man hummed and Elias continued, " I guess I'm tryna say like, I've always been protective over her but when I was twelve and she was eight we lost our mother and, in a way, we lost our pops for a while, so I wanted to make sure she had the feeling of parents that I had in those um, crucial years of being a child. So I stepped up a lot as a big brother and I think although we were already close we became wayyyy closer when um- all that happened."

"And her popularity?"

Elias let out a laugh, "Man, bro she don't even know that's the funny part. Cause like she so out the way, she like being alone and shit like. I'm always having to ask her if she wanna come with me or having to drag her somewhere. So, she don't really vibe with being around people especially niggas she don't know. She wouldn't have expected this level of um... fame? I knew though that she had it in her, she's like the people's person. Like she don't know it but she got like a calm impact on everybody. Me and the boys call her the hood princess, like she's just like that."

"We could talk to your sister?"

"If she's down for it, of course."

At their words Laney shrunk into herself a baffled look covering her face.