17. JULIET AND JAMES' LETTER

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

March 1978

"Please, not now."

Those three words were pretty much the only thing that had been coming out of Juliet Potter's mouth in the two weeks that followed.

Undeniably, there were too many physical damages done on her for her to be able to take them to the Horcrux immediately, and sadly she could not just give them directions as she had charmed it.

Hence they had decided to wait until she was better. Andromeda and healers that were secretly brought in would attend to her injuries, and Nymphadora kept her company the entire time. She was able to walk again after a week, the next was solely focused on her gaining back her strength and balance.

Her friends visited everyday, some every other day. Frequent visits would put her in danger and that wasn't something they wanted. Remus stayed with her the entire time. James and Sirius stopped by everyday, secretly getting there with their Animagi forms so they wouldn't be spotted.

James hadn't communicated that much with his sister but whenever others attempted to talk about what had happened to her she would brush them off.

It wasn't healthy, but ignoring the situation was the only thing keeping her sane. She had been doing that too often. She had done it with her assault, and when her parents died.

She didn't even get to grieve properly. It was unfair.

All she had felt that far had been numbness and sudden bursts of rage.

Once did her heart no longer cover up the sadness and the pain. That night when she was too scared to fall asleep, and had gotten enough of pretending by closing her eyes, she was being watched by James.

He was sitting on the floor by the window, his back against the bed. He couldn't see Juliet but she could clearly see what he was holding thanks to the candle on her bedside.

It was the letter she left him.

She could hear her own voice echoing in the room, the determination in the words she had wrote down, the pain she had left behind for them to take.

"D̶e̶a̶r Deer James,

By the time you read this letter I’ll be long gone. Stop panicking, I’m not dead, and this isn’t where you try to convince Sirius that I didn’t have it in me to go that far.

I know that you’re feeling hurt and angry, and you have every right to feel that way. I get it, if taking your rage means I can save you then so be it. I just wish that I could wake up, that this nightmare can just stay what it is— a nightmare. I’m hurting all over, all of this hurts so much.