43. JULIET AND HORMONES

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

January 1979

Juliet was still very upset the next day. The second she woke up, she pried herself out of Remus' grip and left for the kitchen.

There, she was quite surprised to see Regulus and James laughing while attempting to make breakfast.

"It's too early to be this happy." She groaned, leaving the kitchen to go sit in the living room after the smell of the eggs made her nauseous.

James and Regulus immediately quieted down when they heard her and awkwardly stared until she walked away, oblivious to their stares.

"Is she okay?" Regulus whispered to the older twin.

"She said she was, but she doesn't look like she is." He frowned worriedly, leaving the kitchen to join his sister.

If there was anything Juliet found annoying, it was the way James would be extra careful whenever she was upset. As though he was completely aware that his existence would annoy her more but he couldn't help but try to approach her like a terrible spy trying to steal evidence.

"What?" She snarled at her brother, who was peeking at her from behind the wall.

"Are you sick again?" He frowned, coming out of his hiding place and sitting next to her on the couch.

"Yeah."

"Maybe we should get it checked out by a healer?"

"No."

"Juliet, it could be bad."

"No."

"But -"

"James, I said no! I'm fine!" She raised her voice.

It was nothing he didn't expect. James would never get offended or hurt when Juliet yelled at him because that's just how they were, stubborn, and bickering all the time.

Though what he did not expect was her immediately bursting into tears after a mere second of silence.

His eyes widened in horror as he watched his sister start to cry.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." He hushed, starting to panic.

"What did you do?" Regulus frowned when he came out of the kitchen and saw Juliet crying.

"Nothing! I swear!"

"Good morning!" Daphne stepped in the living room with a smile before it fell into a scowl. "What did you do?"

"Here it goes again." James sighed.

"I don't want to see a healer." Juliet cried.

Ah. Hormones. Daphne thought, smirking to herself.