48. JULIET AND CHOCOLATE ADDICTION

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

March 1979

It was a full moon two days prior. Remus asked his friends not to celebrate his birthday. He was in no mood for anything at all. He just wanted to lay in bed and read books.

His girlfriend was a stubborn woman, though. She sent James to get him a precise book, and in exchange, they would say it's a gift from both twins. Group effort.

Hence, they got him The Shining, by a muggle author named Stephen King, and Juliet started to silently bake a cake in the kitchen in the morning. Chocolate, of course.

"Good morning." Regulus greeted when he entered the kitchen.

"Hi." Juliet greeted back, looking for the cake pan to pour the chocolate mix in.

"What are you doing?" He asked, looking in the bowl curiously.

"Cake."

"Could I get a slice?"

"If Remus feels like sharing today." Juliet snickered.

It had been really troubling, keeping the werewolf situation a secret from Regulus. They had to say he was going on a mission with Sirius, and he went to the woods, Peter joining them later. Juliet didn't want to risk anything happening with the baby if she changed into her horse form. What if the baby was going to be born a horse? It's not happening.

She wanted to go at first. It was Remus who opened her eyes on the risk it represented.

"What's up with him, by the way? He gets sick often." He asked, making himself coffee as she was cleaning up after putting the cake in the oven.

"Uh, it's, this weird genetic thing. Muggle name. I don't remember." She shrugged him off, blinking rapidly.

"Genetic?" He glanced down at her stomach. "His parents have it too?"

"Not both of them. Believe it or not, most people don't have parents who are related." She teased.

"You should have seen his face when Andy and I tried to explain that he can't meet Walburger's side of the family because he already had, and it's the same as Onion's side." Sirius jumped in the conversation, skipping down the stairs.

Juliet started to laugh as Regulus looked away, annoyed.

"Whatever. So his mother, huh? She's the muggle, isn't she?"

It took Sirius and Juliet a good second, but they noticed he had no distasteful glare or tone when referring to muggles. Neither did he use the insulting term. They shared a look and smiled softly. Juliet knew he had turned his back on the Dark Lord the second he was ready to die to get the Horcrux, but Sirius just got the affirmation there and then.