08. JULIET AND HIDDEN FEELINGS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

January 1978

One would think that a new year would be rather exciting but Juliet and Regulus felt more miserable than ever.

They couldn't be blamed though, the more time passed, the worse the situation was going to get. Also, a Horcrux was not ideal if one was planning to be jolly for Christmas and New Year.

They kept switching turns to wear the Horcrux and their mental health's state was very obviously deteriorating swiftly.

Juliet had lost her parents, she was separated from her brothers, friends and boyfriend, and according to a prophecy, she was the key to war she had no idea how to win. In retrospect, it was a lot for a seventeen year-old to take. Not to mention the object full of Dark Magic that was currently hanging around Regulus' neck.

As for Regulus, the constant abuse of his family that led him to become something he hated with every ounce of him, was not a great start. It was always him, the good son of the House of Black, the example to follow, the smart and well-mannered, the proud and joy of his parents, the one all were thankful had not ended up like his older brother.

Regulus wished he had Sirius' courage, he wished he could have left with him. He wished Sirius would have taken him.

"What are you thinking about?" Juliet asked him, sitting by the table, her head lazily laying on it.

He was sitting on the ground, against the bed. "Everything."

It was silent for a few moments.

"Regulus, what are we going to do now?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think he knows we have his Horcrux?"

"I don't know, Juliet!" He exclaimed, internally regretting raising his voice at her. But she didn't even flinch, she was just sitting there.

"Okay." She whispered.

"Can you not do that?"

"I didn't do anything." She defended, her voice tone still calm and composed while his was getting more aggravated.

"No, you are! You do it on purpose, you have to be! You annoy me and then you guilt trip me so I feel sorry for you so then, you can win!"

"Regulus calm down." She raised her head from the table, blankly staring at him.

She looked dead. He hated it.

"Don't tell me to calm down! When, in the history of 'calm down' did someone ever calm down!?"

He breathed heavily, and she just watched.

"Are you done?"

He didn't answer.