54. JULIET AND ANDROMEDA'S SIBLINGS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

May 1979

Juliet and Remus had been instructed to stay in the Tonks' house while the rest of the boys had been dispatched to different areas nearby, so they could visit regularly.

Everyone else had been relocated, but last Juliet had heard, the McKinnons were having the Weasleys over at their family house. She thought it was sweet in a sense, how all of them were protecting each other and providing for each other.

It built a sense of solidarity between all of them, and Juliet knew she would cover up a murder if they asked her to.

All that aside, she was very happy to be around a female figure. Well, two, but a six year-old doesn't exactly count. Anyways, Andromeda had become her favourite person on the planet ever since she had met her nearly a year prior.

Maybe it was just that motherly sentiment she gave up. Maybe Juliet saw Euphemia in Andromeda, or maybe she just really needed a big sister because her emotional twin brother was not making the cut. She always had to be the serious and unexpressive one, but she felt like she could be herself and at ease around Andromeda.

Not that James never allowed her to be herself. It was just a natural instinct for her to clash with his personality.

"What are you doing?" Nymphadora interrupted Juliet's thoughts, walking into her room with her duck plush in hand, climbing on the bed and settling next to her.

"I'm looking through Remus' camera."

"Why?"

"Because it has memories, and I like looking at them."

The girl didn't say anything and just watched the images on the camera with her.

"Do you know where that is?" Juliet asked the little girl, pointing at the background of a picture where Juliet and Sirius could be seen bickering, Mary in between them trying to get them to shut up.

"Hogwarts!"

"That's right!"

"Did you know my mummy in school?"

"Uh, no, not directly. Your mummy graduated a year before I went to school. But I knew who she was."

"How?"

"Your uncle Sirius has been a pain in my bottom since my first day. And he always talked about your mummy and how she was his favourite."

"Do you know my mummy's sisters?"

Juliet paused, putting the camera down before looking at the child a bit surprised. "What did your mummy tell you about her sisters?"

"She said they didn't talk anymore."

"That's right, they don't."

"Do you know them?"

Juliet looked away, not really knowing how one sister tortured her to almost death, and the other broke her out of there. "Uh, yes, I've met them."

"Do they look like my mummy?"

"Kind of. It's normal. They're siblings."

"You look a lot like your brother."

"That's because we're twins."

Nymphadora huffed her cheeks. "I would hate to share my birthday with someone."

"I feel you. Me too. It's a good thing that technically, I was born a day after him."

"I don't understand." The six year-old slowly admitted.

"I'll tell you more about it when you turn fifteen."

~

"Do you think we made a bad decision when we decided not to retrieve the prophecy?"

Juliet asked Remus that night. She was standing by the window, looking out. Ted was putting up protective spells like he did every night. And she liked to watch him do it because it brought her a sense of security. Though she kept the cloak near her at all times now.

"No."

"Really?"

"Why? Do you?" She shrugged in response. "They can't get the prophecy without you. Literally, if you don't retrieve it, it's completely safe."

"But are we? We concluded that the prophecy was about me. What if it's also about bean? We should know."

"We can't do that to ourselves, Juliet." Remus sighed.

"I don't want to deliver a baby with fear that it'll be taken from me or will grow up to fight a war my mum nor I could put an end to." Juliet argued, getting teary-eyed. She felt the baby move, as if it could tell it's mum was upset.

The werewolf approached her, holding her hands. "Listen to me. I will kill him myself if I have to, but we will end this. I will not let anything happen to you or our baby."

Juliet nodded, not able to say anything else as she knew she would cry. Remus noticed and pulled her in for a hug.

It happened frequently. The pregnancy got Juliet extra sensitive, which was normal, and she would worry about things constantly.

The problem was that she wasn't even wrong to be worried about half of these things. What would happen to the baby if Juliet and Remus died in the war? The first thing they would need to do will definitely be choosing a godfather or godmother for that kid.

Now another problem was that the choices were too grand and disputes over it would definitely come to the surface. They would trust any of their friends with their kid. Maybe they should just let his parents know that if anything happened to them, they were the legal guardians.

Though Remus didn't really know how much longer his mother would live to raise his kid if he was no longer.

They would figure it out. They always did.

* * *

trying to figure out if I should insert mattheo riddle in book 3

no foreshadowing in here dw