79. JULIET AND COMES AND GOES TO THE MINISTRY

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

February 1980

The new year was a difficult one to celebrate. In fact, there were no real place for celebrations when so many friends were no longer.

The trials that followed the arrests of the Death Eaters were long, and exhausting, but at least three members of the Order were present to every single one of them. Marlene was the most frequent visitor of the Ministry of Justice, and Juliet would tag along, because she could tell that her blonde friend was doing it as a sense of duty.

Out of survivor's guilt.

Juliet testified in the trial of Bellatrix Lestrange, where she did not hold back to describe the horror she survived with the most blank expression she could gather on her face. Just because she refused to give the crazy woman the satisfaction of any pain she felt.

On that day, Remus, Sirius and James, who had all been staying low and quietly mourning their best friend, showed up to show her their support. It was an action most appreciated.

~

March 1980

"What are you doing?" Remus leaned on the doorframe of their shared room, hair messy and eyes sleepy.

It was late at night and he had finally managed to put Andromeda to sleep. She wasn't normally a difficult child, but that day she kept making a fuss.

"Working. Romy's asleep?" Juliet asked him, glancing over at him from the desk.

They've been living in his parents' house, but she had immediately started working on the renovation of her own family house right after the war. The house was bigger, and maybe their friends and them could all live together again. She loved having Hope and Lyall around, but lately, she's been craving the sense of home she used to feel in the house she grew up in before being on the run.

"Yeah." He nodded, walking over to look at the plans. "Looks nice."

"Thanks. I was thinking to add another floor, but really, we could just transform the attic."

"You guys had an attic?"

"Yeah, mum hid dad's board games there because he would get too serious about them." She smirked. "It's smaller than the other rooms, but it could be a nice playroom for Romy."

Remus hesitated. "Hey, are you sure about this whole... moving thing?"

His girlfriend looked up to him curiously. "Are you?"

"I don't know."

Juliet stared at him and she felt like she understood. The boys always went to the Potters together. Now that there were plans for them to move back together, it didn't feel right, not having Peter around.