Chapter Fifteen: Afraid of Losing

It's been a couple of days since that night, Lora has been in a funk

She wouldn't get out of bed or talk. I didn't know what was wrong with her. When Lilly explained to me what happened, I didn't think it would be this bad to get in a funk.

I can tell you one thing, if her boyfriend comes back, I would fucking beat his ass.

"Lora, baby, come on. Do you want to write today? I can stay home from practice and call in sick?" I suggested, but she shook her head and continued to look at the wall.

"Well we have to get up. If you don't get up I will stay home with you." I told her, I knew she didn't want me to miss practice because the Super Bowl was coming up soon.

"I'll get up." She said. She held her stomach as she wobbled to the bathroom, it made me smile.

She came out in a bra and panties, with a toothbrush in her mouth.

"What?" She mumbled, when I continued to stare at her.

"Nothing, you're just so fucking sexy." She blushed and wobbled back to the bathroom with a towel and a hair wrap in her hand.

~

"Alright, I want everyone to get enough sleep, no stress, and a perfect diet. No parting for a while, stay off the damn grid, especially you Joe." Coach shouted to us at practice.

Joseph put his hand up in surrender. Ever since I found out Lora was pregnant, I've been on the down low. Now Joesph was the party animal.

I wasn't going to lie, I missed parting and drinking, but with Lora, I loved being a father, and hopefully a boyfriend, more.

I smirked at Joe when we took our five minute break on the bench.

"What?" He asked.

I shook my head and chugged my water, "Nothing." I said.

"You have that look, you're up to something." Joesph said, eating peppers. Gross.

"I'm not up to anything. Don't you think it's weird that Lilly doesn't have a problem with you partying every night?" I asked, I would.

He shrugged his shoulder. "We're fighting right now." He looked out on to the field.

"Ahh- that's why I haven't heard any sex lately. Why are you two fighting?" I chuckled.

"I don't know, we both been stressed. The superbowl is coming up and she doesn't know if she can be there because she has this big event, it just pissed me off. We have been fighting ever since. Fuck she refuses to sleep in the same bed as me, so I sleep on the fucking ground." He rants. Damn.

"Do you think it's more then her showing up to the Super Bowl?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders again.

"I want kids." His words shocked me. My eyes widen.

"She doesn't?" I asked. This doesn't add up.

"Not now, I do. Fuck, this could be my last superbowl. I'm in my twenties, we retire young. I want kids when I retire. What the hell will I have when I retire. You will have Lora and kids. Lilly will still be working and I will be fucking nothing." He rubs his hands through his hair.

"Have you discussed this with her?" I asked him, maybe she will understand.

"Yeah, she wants to wait till for a while. She said she's too young, fuck." He wipes his eyes and groans. "I'm scared I'm going to lose her, I love her. So fucking much. I don't know what to do, I want kids and I want them with her."

I think for a moment. "Give her more time, she just started her career and wants to be young. If you really love her and she loves you, you will meet in the middle and get over this argument faze." He nods his head then we do our handshake.

"Alright, breaks over dickheads." Coach yells, blowing his whistle.

~

My phone rings in the car, I just finished practice and just wanted to go home to see Lora.

I look at the caller ID and see Lilly. "Hello" I answered.

"A-Asher. It's Lora and the baby." She sobs over the phone.

"What happened?" I panic.

"Lilly, what the fuck happened?" I yell when she doesn't respond.

"The hospital." That's all she says before I hang up and rush to the hospital, breaking some traffic rules on the way.

~

"Lora Ray, I'm her husband." I say to the front desk lady, she guides me to the room.

I hurry in, Joesph behind me. Lilly sighs when she sees Joesph and runs toward him.

I walk over to the Bed Lora was in, looking at her body.

She smiles up at me and grabs my hand. I lean down and kiss her lips, softly.

"I'm scared. They won't tell me anything." Lora whispers, barley speaking.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"I was in the shower and felt pain in my stomach, so I screamed for Lilly and here we are." She kisses my hand, tear ran down her cheek.

"I'm going to go find out what is going on, don't stress." She nods her head and I go find the nurse.

"What happened?" I asked the nurse who was outside of her room, looking at Lora's chart.

"Well at first we thought it was false labor, then we did an x-ray. Now we think it's lack of dehydration and stress. That could lead to serious injuries on the babies, so we are going to keep out a look, don't stress. We don't Mrs. Ray to feel any type of stress. Okay?" The nurse tells me. Don't stress, how could I not?

I nodded and went back in the room. Joseph was now at her side, talking. Lilly was smiling down at them.

"Baby, what happened? Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Everything is fine, you need to not be stress okay?" I asked her. She nodded her head and talked to her brother.

~

A/N:
The next couple of chapter will be chaotic, please don't be upset with Lora. ❤️