Chapter Five: Freak Out

Lilly picks up on the fourth ring

Lilly picks up on the fourth ring. "Hello?" She answers.

"L-Lilly. Can you..." I could barely get the words out. I was freaking out, I had all of the symptoms. I feel nauseous, I'm craving things like crazy, and I've been so tired.

"Get what? You're freaking me out Lora." Lilly chuckles. I'm freaking myself out.

"Can you come with me to get a pregnancy test? I'll meet you at a CVS or something, we can't take it here. They'll know." I begged. She silent for a few moments, then responds with a yes. What would I do without her?

I get dressed into a sweater, since it's autumn time. I grab my purse and swing it over my shoulder. Joseph and his teammates all sit on the couch. Including Asher, who is staring at me and giving everyone a glare.

"Where are you going?" My brother asks.

"Out." I give him a one word answer.

"With who and Where?" He asks me. He has always been looking out for me, ever since dad left.

"I'm going to meet Lilly. It's a girl thing." That will shut him up. He nods his head and goes back to his conversation with his team mates. Asher got up from the couch and walked over towards me. "I'll go with you." He grabs his keys. I shake my head. He cannot come. He can't just ignore me and then decide to follow me.

"Why?" He asks.

"I told you, it's girl problems." I grab my keys and walk out of the door. He's so nosy. I start my car, then drive to our local CVS.

Once I get there, I find Lilly waiting inside near the pads and tampons aisle. "Thanks for coming Lilly." I smile and hug her.

"I know you would do the same for me." She acknowledges. We go down the aisle and find the test. We grab all different kinds, then pay for them. Once we pay for them, we go to the bathroom and I test all of them. I drank a lot of water before this.

"I'm so scared. What if Asher doesn't believe me, or even worse, doesn't care at all?" I panic. Oh god, I'm going to throw up again.

"Relax, I'll beat his ass if he doesn't accept this. Plus, you're way more than just a hook-up. You have Joseph and I. Even if Joseph doesn't understand at first, okay?" I nod my head. The timer on my phone goes off. It's time to flip them over.

I flip them all over, then I look at the results. They all say positive, all twenty of them. I swallowed, still taking this in. Oh fuck. Lilly takes out a small box from her bag and places all of them in it.

"Let's go home. It's not worth crying here." I nodded my head. I don't think I can drive right now. I wipe the tears that fell and walk back to my car, trying to ignore the paparazzi that found Lilly. She rolls her eyes at them and guides me to my car. Once I'm in the car, I drive away to the house.

The team is now sitting outside, why do they always have to be here in the worst moments? Lilly pulls up next to me and gets out. Today she was wearing jeans and a tank top with a hat. "Babe!" She yells at Joseph. He comes running down the steps and hugs her like he hasn't seen her in forever. God, I want that kind of love.

"Unpack the grocery's for me, please. Lora and I have to go upstairs." She laughs as he tickles her side. Something hits deep inside me, and I start crying. Oh my god, not the place Lora. I thought to myself.

"Why are you crying?" Joseph asks me.

"I-I got a cut." I lie. Lilly grabs my hand and guides me up the stairs and into the house. We go into my room, then shut the door. I start sobbing right away.

"What do I do? Holy shit. Asher doesn't want a kid." I freak out to her. She tries to sooths me, but nothing works.

"Okay, let's calm down. Who the fuck cares what Asher thinks? You are stable enough to have a child. You don't need him. And if he wants to be a part of the child life great, but if he doesn't fuck him. Men are shit." She rants. I nodded my head, I agreed. It's not like I am broke and needed his money. Fuck, I'm one of a new york best sellers. I make six figures a year.

"You're right. I'm going to tell Asher soon, and if he doesn't want to be a part of the child's life, then so be it." I agreed with her. I was still freaking out, but not as much as I was earlier. I will start looking for houses tonight. My one bedroom wouldn't do it.

~

It was around dinner time now. The team all went out for a little friendly game of football. I was planning on telling Asher some time today or tomorrow. Next week he will be booked, because he has a big game in a couple of weeks. I should tell him sooner or later, so he can process it.

Anytime I see a mirror, I can't help but look at my stomach. It's crazy that we created this little kid. I never got science. I wrote many books based off of this trope, the pregnancy trope. But I'd never thought I would be living it. Real life was way different then those kind of book. At the very end of the book, it would be okay, but at the end of my story, I can't help but think there was a happy ending. I was running Asher's life.

No guy could ever process a baby, only if they want a kid they would accept this. But Asher doesn't want any of it. Not even me. He wants sex, with no strings attached. That never works out.

I hear rustling downstairs, they're here. It was time to tell Asher. He will never look at me the same way. I sighed and walked downstairs.