A Lesson in Seduction

Enjoy! Comment/vote!

*****

I have to admit. There are some perks to this whole Interface thing. And they all have to do with the fact that I am being followed around 24/7 by the hottest guy in the grade. So no, this isn't the worst punishment in the world.

"Will you please give me a heads up next time you decide to skip breakfast?" He struggled to catch his breath as he stepped in place besides me. "I've been looking for you all over school for the past thirty minutes."

"I wasn't hungry." I shrugged, smiling to myself. Seth grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me towards a secluded area in the hall.

"You are making my job very difficult." He muttered, his eyes scanning every person who walked past us.

"You're life must be so rough." I pouted my lips. "It's not like you're carrying around the single most dangerous object in the spy world." I hissed.

"I don't like this anyone more than you. Following around your whiny ass all day isn't exactly how I'd like to be spending my time, so just do us both a favor and stick to the mission."

"I like it when you talk spy with me." I bit my lip, leaning towards him. "Except when you sound like a total douche." I finished, slamming my foot down on his.

Seth huffed angrily and chased after me. "Like it or not, it's my job to protect you. And if that means I have to lock you in your dorm room and throw away the key, then so be it." He finished, holding open the door to our next class together. I rolled my eyes and brushed past him. Mackenzie waved her hands in the air towards the seat she had saved for me. "Nice try." Seth muttered, yanking me backwards into the seat besides his. I plopped down onto the stool next to him reluctantly. Mackenzie narrowed her eyes at me from across the room.

"Sorry." I mouthed to her, shrugging innocently. She rolled her eyes and turned her focus towards the front of the classroom.

Ben scrambled into class minutes before the bell rang. Ever since finding out about the Interface two days ago, I could barely get myself to look at him. "Hey. stranger." He smiled at me, brushing my shoulder as he walked past. I smiled back, trying to pretend like everything was okay. "I can't wait to hear all about the cabin." He chuckled, taking the open seat next to Mackenzie. I nodded, chuckling along as if what happened in the cabin some sort of inside joke between us. I let out a low sigh of breath, my guilt weighing down on my shoulders.

"This must be hard for you." Seth observed. When I didn't respond, he continued with, "Fishman really reinvented himself this year. A couple weeks ago, he was a computer freak with few friends. Now look at him." I looked at the boy who used to hide behind his glasses, but now confidently went without them. He had grown from the Ben I used to know: stronger, smarter, and even hitting it off with the ladies, completely oblivious to what was inside of him. "There's a reason he can't know the truth, Lex." Seth whispered in my ear. "He might look like us, and even act like us, but he's still not one of us. He wouldn't be able to handle it."