Fireside Chats

Don't forget to comment/vote!

****

I felt powerful.

How many girls could say they've turned down the hottest guy in school? I had Seth half-naked and begging more...and I just left. Talk about willpower.

"Alexis!" He shouted at me from the other end of the hall. "Alexis!" He repeated. I could feel the strain in his voice—the disbelief, the hurt, but I continued walking.

I dodged him by turning down another hallway and paused to catch my breath. I can't believe I just did that. I can't believe I just did that!

"Am I interrupting something?" Mackenzie's voice cut my silent victory short. She was holding her books against her chest and sounded very irritated. "You totally ditched me back there, Lex."She smacked her bright pink lips at me and waiting impatiently for a response.

"Are you really that upset about me being partners with Seth?"

"I wasn't even talking about Seth. I was talking about the fact that first you weren't at breakfast and then you totally ditched our daily walk to second period together." She said, her blonde curls bouncing as she talked.

"Are you mad at me, Mac?" I didn't understand why she was reacting this way.

"I'm mad at how distant you've been lately. You've been ignoring Stella and I ever since break was cut short and now you're hanging around Seth again. I don't know whether to be mad or worried."

"I would never choose Seth over you two."

"Honestly, I don't know if I can even believe that anymore."You've got to be kidding me. With everything that's been going on lately, I hardly had time for pathetic girl drama like this.

"You were the one who made us sneak out of school for a boy. If anything, you're the one with an unhealthy relationship." I retaliated.

"That was your idea!" She threw up her hands. "At least Bryce cares about me. Seth only likes you when it's convenient for him."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Why are you acting so ridiculous? Are you jealous that I can actually get a guy who goes to this school?" My words stung more than I thought they would.

"Wow." She sighed.

"You know I didn't mean that."

"Do me a favor and just don't talk to me, because it's like I don't even know you anymore."

I didn't bother chasing after her. Mackenzie needed time to cool down and I did too. "Trouble in paradise?" Clyde chuckled. He had been making his way out of the bathroom. "Do you think this is a bad time to ask her to the Winter Formal?" He said, watching Mackenzie's figure angrily storm off down the hall.