Would You Like to Tango?

Comment/vote!!

*****

I fell asleep on the rooftop in Seth's arms, but when I woke up he was gone.

The sun had started to appear on the horizon and the temperature was slowly rising. Disheveled and delirious, I got up from the cold hard ground.

Something didn't feel right. I looked up at the clouds forming overhead and could sense a storm brewing. I had an unnerving feeling that things were about to change, and I'm not talking about the weather.

A chilling thought raced through my mind. Who was the mole?

My eyes trailed the empty backfields and scanned the brick wall that surrounded the perimeter of the school. The brick wall's existence was supposed to comfort us. It protected us from the outside world, but also protected the outside world from us. Now it was the only thing that stood between the Interface and the Brass Bloods.

I wonder how easy it would be to hack into the security mainframe and disarm the gates. The Mole has already proved themselves more than capable of pulling something like that off. So what's stopping them?

It was now Thursday, only two days until the Winter Formal, and that was all anybody could talk about. So when I made my way downstairs for breakfast I wasn't surprised to hear Stella and Mac bickering about their dresses. "Where the hell have you been all night?" Stella asked, her mouth full with cereal.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned loudly. "School stuff." I grumbled, reaching my hand for her blueberry muffin.

She smacked my hand away and replied, "Since when do you do your homework?" Without bothering to wait for a response she continued, "Anyways, Mac and I are trying to pick our dresses for the formal. I can't decide whether I like this one," She slide her cellphone across the table to show me her first choice: a bright yellow halter dress cut just above the knee. "or this." She swiped her finger across the screen to show me a picture of the next option: a dark blue asymmetrical dress that trailed all the way to the floor.

"They're both nice." I nodded.

"Which basically means that they suck." She groaned, retrieving her phone from my hands.

"No, they're cute!" I assured her.

"I'm not going for 'cute' I'm going for hot." She said matter-of-factly. She turned back to her phone, rapidly typing away on the keyboard.

From the corner of the eye I saw Seth entering the Dining Commons. Besides him was Veronica, and although he tried to cover it up with his collar I could see he had freshly sewn stitches along his neck. They must of had a mission last night. That would explain why he was gone this morning. "Hello? Alexis?" Mac called out, snapping her fingers to get my attention.

"Sorry," I shook my head, pulling myself back into the moment. "I didn't get much sleep last night." I took a deep breath and stood up. "You know what, I'm really not that hungry. I think I'm going to head to class early."