There are worse things I can do

A/N Thanks for reading! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile it's been hard lately to find time to write. Enjoy!

To the side is a picture of Rooney >>>

*****

My back slammed against the gymnastic mat with a defiant thud. The lack of sleep from the night before was finally starting to catch up to me. 

 "You hit like a girl." Rooney chuckled, sweat dripping from his brow and onto me. I looked up at him, blocking out the sunlight with my hand. Mr. Wolfsheim had insisted we practice our drills outside today. And the 80 degree heat was not very flattering to my frizzy hair.

I grabbed Rooney's arm, dug my nails into his skin and used all my body weight to flip him forward. A chuckle leaked from my lips. I clapped my hands together dramatically, as he tired to recompose himself. Pulling myself to my feet, I hovered directly over him and smirked,"Was that suppose to be an insult?" Rooney's lips spread into a smile and I helped him to his feet. "Maybe you should try hitting like a girl." I suggested.

"You are definetly a force to be reckoned with." He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I think you might of pulled something." He complained, stretching out his arms and legs. 

"You'll get over it." I assured him with a slap on the back. I paused, taking a good look at the 12 foot brick wall that surronded the perimeter of the school grounds. "Tonight is your night out, right?" I asked, and Rooney nodded to confirm. "Have any big plans?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"What are you nervous Seth is planning on hooking up with some townie?" He laughed. I wasn't really sure how much Seth talked about me. Technically, we weren't supposed to tell anyone, but there was no way I could keep a secret like that from Mac and Stella. I guess it was the same with him Rooney and Clyde. 

"You better keep it down, someone might hear you." I warned, my gaze shifting towards Veronica who was practicing drills with Mackenzie. 

"Oh you mean like, VERONI-" He began to shout, before I proceeded to swing out his legs from under him.

"You can't say I didn't warn you." I shrugged, standing over him. 

"You Mankoff twins sure are something." Rooney sighed, climbing back to an upright position. "You two are the very definition of killer looks." He laughed.

"We shouldn't be joking about this." I scolded him, biting my lip to keep from laughing.

"Because your sister is five feet away? Or because you don't want to openly admit that you, Alexis Mankoff, possess human emotions?" He teased, spreading out on the mat as he got into his ready position. 

"Because I can, and will kick your ass." I corrected him, holding my hands out in front of me. Rooney ran forwards, I dived underneath him and did a summersault back into a stand. 

"Cute." He chuckled, jumping into the air into a back tuck. 

"Show off." I scoffed, dodging his punch and missing when I swung at his face. 

"Is that all you got?" He taunted me, hopping back and forth as I continued to miss my every hit. But before I could deliever a roundhouse kick to his face, Wolfsheim's whistle rang through the air. 

"Trust me," I said as I wiped a bead of sweat out off my chin. "there are worse things I can do." We joined in the clump the class had formed around Wolfsheim, not really sure what to expect. 

"I don't normally do this," Wolfsheim his thick russian accent was hard to decipher. "but this is the first time I've ever had someone transfer into my class."